• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:52 AM

images/news/nvidia.jpgEarlier on this week Nvidia revealed their better than expected earnings for the second fiscal quarter of the year. A lot of their success was due to the increase in sales of laptops built around Intel's "Sandy Bridge" processors. They reported a profit of $151.6 million compared to a loss of $144 million during the same period last year. Their revenue surged to $1.02 billion and this is expected to increase 4 to 6 percent in the next quarter.

But I'm not here to talk about Nvidia's earnings. Jen-Hsun their CEO expressed his excitement for their new quad-core mobile processor "Kal-El" and Windows 8. These new quad-core mobile processors will have immense amounts of power and deliver 5x more performance than the current Tegra 2 chips. They will also ship with a 12-core GeForce GPU and be capable of outputting 1440P video. What's remarkable about these chips is that they deliver so much more performance, yet they require less power than the Tegra 2 chips!

Windows 8 News

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:33 AM

cool :eniparadoxgma: these tablets are looking real neat to me. at this stage, i think i would prefer one over a laptop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users