x64 server 2008 r2, Workstation, gaming...
Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:11 PM
I'm running the following on windows server 2008 x64 r2:
- web-server ( xammp ).
- 3D works ( autodesk 3DS Max, Mudbox, Autocad, Skecthbook, Fusion, Composite, RealFlow,...)
- 2D works ( Adobe, Bundle...)
- php programing, graphic design,...
- vmWare for linux testings ...
- Assassin's Creed 2
- BattleField BadCompany2
- C.O.D ModenwarFare 2
- C.O.D Blackops
- Medal of honor 2010
- Wolfenstein Tides of war
The small draw backs you can get are from
- your vga since this system using nVidia GeForce 7900 GS.
- memory allocation since running the system for weeks without restarting you just can't free up the memory
without using an intermediate app. like free memory which so far does not work on serv. sometimes
simple logoff would do it..
-Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor, 2800 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
Of Course upgrading the memories and the vga wold have huge impact even on boot time win7
loads faster on same system just on win serv. everything runs smoother much more stable.
Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:40 AM
Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:03 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users