Jump to content


PlanetAMD64 down the tubes?


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 brewin

brewin

    Victory is mine!

  • Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts
  • Location:Missouri
  • Interests:Anything interesting.
  • Country:USA

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:14 AM

Wow, I had no idea it was that bad. I guess all good things must come to an end. :sphere2:

#17 scaramonga

scaramonga

    CALLING ALL STATIONS

  • Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts
  • Location:Scotland
  • Country:Dunno? but it ain't nice.

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:25 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on Nov 19 2010, 02:31 AM, said:

well, without that site back in the day, i would have never met y'all, so...glad you are all here :roadrunner:

:sphere2:

Yeah. Still trying to figure if that's a good or bad thing...


:)


:(

#18 stormrosson

stormrosson

    Established Member

  • Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Location:Silver City ,New Mexico
  • Interests:stuff
  • Country:yes

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

:sphere2: Meh......like most everyone belse ,the best thing there was gettin to know youse guys imo :)

#19 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

    Thomas S. Arashikage

  • Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Country:USA

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:05 AM

View Poststormrosson, on Nov 20 2010, 12:11 PM, said:

:sphere2: Meh......like most everyone belse ,the best thing there was gettin to know youse guys imo :)

I agree. Haven't been there in years. What the heck happened?!?!

#20 BlueIce

BlueIce

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Location:Alabama
  • Country:United States

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:31 AM

View Posteniparadoxgma, on Nov 21 2010, 08:05 PM, said:

I agree. Haven't been there in years. What the heck happened?!?!
If I am not mistaken Guru owns the site and after he didn't get a big turn out for the sponsorship drive he did back in May I think he gave up on the site. He constantly updates his blog but hasn't been on The Planet since September or something. The main part of the sites down fall imo is the fact that 64bit is more common than it was back in 2005.

#21 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

    rog'er wilco

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,675 posts
  • Country:lower uncton

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

he didn't get the money he wanted, so he let the site infect folks systems. neat

#22 scaramonga

scaramonga

    CALLING ALL STATIONS

  • Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts
  • Location:Scotland
  • Country:Dunno? but it ain't nice.

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:40 PM

View Postm.oreilly, on Nov 22 2010, 04:26 PM, said:

he didn't get the money he wanted, so he let the site infect folks systems. neat

Nice guy.

:sphere2:

#23 stormrosson

stormrosson

    Established Member

  • Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Location:Silver City ,New Mexico
  • Interests:stuff
  • Country:yes

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:56 AM

:sphere2: we calls 'em ....dikheads... out here... :)

#24 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

    Thomas S. Arashikage

  • Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Country:USA

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:22 AM

View PostBlueIce, on Nov 22 2010, 01:31 AM, said:

If I am not mistaken Guru owns the site and after he didn't get a big turn out for the sponsorship drive he did back in May I think he gave up on the site. He constantly updates his blog but hasn't been on The Planet since September or something. The main part of the sites down fall imo is the fact that 64bit is more common than it was back in 2005.

Wow. That is majorly messed up.

#25 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

    Motorcycles and running

  • Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts
  • Location:South Eastern WA
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!
  • Country:USA

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

Wow...that is where I met yous guys... :sphere2:

#26 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

    Chairman of the Board

  • Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,768 posts
  • Location:From the whatever it is, Pluto
  • Country:USA

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:04 PM

Apparently others think so also.

I found this in our web search query report today (a daily report). Queries by the number of requests. Someone hit number 5 on the list

Attached Image: prick.png

#27 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

    Motorcycles and running

  • Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts
  • Location:South Eastern WA
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!
  • Country:USA

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

View PostNvyseal, on Nov 28 2010, 09:04 AM, said:

Apparently others think so also.

I found this in our web search query report today (a daily report). Queries by the number of requests. Someone hit number 5 on the list

Attachment prick.png
I never had a prob with the guy myself...but shite...that IS funny!

:sphere2: :)

#28 BlueIce

BlueIce

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Location:Alabama
  • Country:United States

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:52 AM

Well after almost a month it looks like the problem is now fixed. I can now access PlanetAMD64 without the warning in Firefox.

#29 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

    Motorcycles and running

  • Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts
  • Location:South Eastern WA
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!
  • Country:USA

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:32 AM

View PostBlueIce, on Dec 1 2010, 07:52 PM, said:

Well after almost a month it looks like the problem is now fixed. I can now access PlanetAMD64 without the warning in Firefox.
Ditto, and you know I had to post on Generations there...many many memories, but I must say that this site still feels more like home, more friends and socialization here, IMHO... *grin*

#30 VROSA

VROSA

    Ghost Member

  • Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • Location:Belo Horizonte - Minas Gerais - Brazil
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8, Windows 9, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.
  • Country:Brazil

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:50 AM

Good to see PAMD64 healty again ! :eniparadoxgma:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users