5 replies to this topic

#1 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,747 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:58 AM

images/news/mobile.jpgjust did a manual update check on my new droid x, and low and behold, the official froyo 2.2 update is ready to download!
this is almost 12 hours ahead of the 'official' schedule announced earlier this evening :mellow:

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,747 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:35 AM

updated, and indeed, the phone is a bit snappier, along w/all the added stuff the 2.2 update brings :mellow:

#3 FibreOptic

FibreOptic

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

Seems to have un-calibrated my compass and I'm having trouble getting it working right...we'll see...

Otherwise, it's great!!

#4 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

My friend went swimming with his Droid a couple of weeks ago... And lucky for him, he juste left for two weeks to China! So no GPS and stuff for him there lol... I'll notice my other friend though, who has a HTC Desire (nicer than the Droid IMO :mellow:)

Me? I have a 1 year old BB Pearl. The one with the goddamn trackball... I want the new trackpad thingy :lol: But still 2 years to my contract. Then I'll shop :mellow:

Edit: That old Pearl isn't even compatible with that nice BB OS 6, I'm stuck with 4 :)

Edited by hog, 22 September 2010 - 05:20 PM.

#5 FibreOptic

FibreOptic

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:32 PM

View PostFibreOptic, on Sep 22 2010, 05:38 AM, said:

Seems to have un-calibrated my compass and I'm having trouble getting it working right...we'll see...

Otherwise, it's great!!

OK, after several attempts, the compass is now calibrated and is working perfectly again. Not sure what the issue was. Awesome update!

#6 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,747 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:33 AM

the only issue i have is when using the browser: i can no longer close open windows, unless i either reboot, or kill the browser in one of the sub menus. be nice if there was a close button...don't know why they didn't put one in...goofy it is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users