m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:35 AM

images/news/breakingnews.jpg

http://www.pcmag.com...,2365227,00.asp

Intuit said Thursday that the company has restored service to its network of sites, ending a difficult period for the company and its customers that stretched over a day.

"We've restored service to the Intuit customer websites affected by this week's outage," an Intuit spokeswoman said in a statement. "The Intuit sites, including TurboTax Online, QuickBooks Online, Quicken and QuickBase, are live today following work that continued throughout the night. In some isolated cases, customers may need to refresh their browsers to connect to our sites."

this is most troublesome, to have something like this occur. our company uses intuit/quickbooks online for payroll, and consequently, we didn't get paid yesterday, like many other business using their "cloud". both the main and backup sites suffered power outages during routine maintenance. both. many companies use intuit for on line payments and the like, so during the over 24 hour downtime, none of these businesses could even access their own records, much less collect daily income. many ended sending employees home, as entire offices were without the ability to process data/make sales.
how could a major proponent of business software/cum online computing allow something like this to happen? some say they should stay out of the "cloud", and stick to what they do best...

one affected customer noted:

Quickbooks Online REALLY NEEDS to allow customers the option to backup their data into file to keep on the hardrive, just like the desktop version allows you to do. I found out today that when they say they backup your data, it is for them and not for you. They will never share it directly back to the customer per the tech I spoke via phone today. The inability to backup your data, especially for mac users as I am, is unacceptable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users