2 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:48 AM

images/news/xbox.jpgMicrosoft is making big news at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2010 (E3) including The World Premiere of Project Natal for Xbox 360. Get a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Project Natal, the future of controller-free games and entertainment. Watch the Xbox 360 Media Briefing here live on Monday, June 14 at 10:30 a.m. PDT for game announcements, world premieres and the latest news on the future of the Xbox 360.

Previously code-named “Project Natal,” the Kinect label was released before the start of the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles (E3) as part of a Cirque du Soleil performance that was inspired by Kinect’s technology.

The slim black Kinect sensor plugs directly into any Xbox 360. Despite its small size, the Kinect device contains a camera, audio sensors, and motion-sensing technology that tracks 48 points of movement on the human body. It has the ability to recognize faces and voices.

With Kinect, game-players no longer need to memorize different commands for a hand-held control. “You are the controller,” said Mike Delman, corporate vice president of Global Marketing for the Interactive Entertainment Business. “You simply step in front of the sensor and Kinect sees you move, hears your voice and recognizes your face.”

Read More

Video (Silverlight needed)

#2 othman11

othman11

head redneck

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:04 PM

Just watched the opening of E3 (Microsoft) I guess I'll just have to go out and get a new X Box 360 and the Kinect thingy.

By the way Navy, why aren't you at E3???

#3 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:51 AM

View Postothman11, on Jun 14 2010, 12:04 PM, said:

By the way Navy, why aren't you at E3???

I'd love to be there, but work pays the bills. Maybe when i retire i can visit all these neat conventions and report about all i see

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users