• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:00 PM

:christo: Well, sad news for Nine Inch Nails fans. I hope to make it to one concert. I have never seen them live, and it looks like this will be my last chance to see them:

2.16.09: A note from Trent and a wave goodbye
Towards the beginning of my career in Nine Inch Nails, our biggest break came in the form of an invitation to perform a series of shows with Jane's Addiction. These performances essentially created and defined the term "alternative" rock in the US, created an ongoing festival franchise that is still thriving (Lollapalooza), set the stage for Nirvana to shift popular taste a few months later, and were really ******* FUN to play and attend - truly the best times I've had. The shows were epic. So epic, they propelled NIN to the "next level" (whatever that means), but caused Jane's to implode. The band broke up at the end of that tour.

Fast forward to the present. Corporate rock STILL sucks. A friend tells me they saw the original Jane's lineup play a tiny show in LA that was unbelievable. I break out my Jane's records and am amazed by how vital they sound. These guys were the real deal and in this current climate mostly dominated by poseurs and pussies it was refreshing to hear something that sounded dangerous, volatile, beautiful and SINCERE.
Emails were sent, phone calls were made, dinner was arranged, ideas were discussed and the next thing I know we're in the studio experimenting. We laugh, we get to know each other, we cry, we yell, we almost quit, we record LOTS of guitar solos, we discuss, we actually begin to all communicate, we yell some more, we become FRIENDS, we laugh again and we do some great things. I get to see first hand why they broke up all those years ago but I also get the chance to see four distinct personalities that become an INCREDIBLE band when they're in the same room.

In NIN world, 2009 marks the 20th anniversary of our first releases. I've been thinking for some time now it's time to make NIN disappear for a while. Last year's "Lights in the Sky" tour was something I'm quite proud of and seems like the culmination of what I could pull off in terms of an elaborate production. It was also quite difficult to pull off technically and physically night after night and left us all a bit dazed. After some thought, we decided to book a last run of shows across the globe this year. The approach to these shows is quite different from last year - much more raw, spontaneous and less scripted. Fun for us and a different way for you to see us and wave goodbye. I reached out to Jane's to see if they'd want to join us across the US and we all felt it could be a great thing. Will it work? Will it resonate in the marketplace? Who knows. Are there big record label marketing dollars to convince you to attend? Nope.
Does it feel right to us and does it seem like it will be fun for us and you? Yes it does.
Look for tour dates soon and I hope to see you out there.

Trent

Pulled this off the NIN.com website.

#2 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

It's called their "Chalkboard Tour" :christo: :storm:

#3 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

Maybe I'm missing something. Did Trent do something with Jane's Addiction album-wise?

#4 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:07 PM

Who?

:christo:

#5 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,862 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:24 PM

View Postscaramonga, on Feb 17 2009, 02:07 PM, said:

Who?

hehe. scara, they used to be called abba :storm:

Posted Image

#6 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:35 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on Feb 17 2009, 11:24 PM, said:

hehe. scara, they used to be called abba :storm:

lol

#7 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:58 AM

They came to Montreal during their last tour but I didn't go see them, maybe this time I should go. I don't know NIN that much, but what I've heard is pretty good. Thanks for the heads up. :christo:

#8 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:31 AM

:roadrunner: Well guys, I bought my ticket to the NIN concert. Actually it is a whole event that you can read up on here. It is the Sasquatch Festival 2009. I am going to the Sunday event (with Jane's Addiction and Nine Inch Nails) May the 24th.

Goodness, tickets have gotten freaking expensive:

Attached Image: NIN_Ticket.JPG

Anyone else going? :giggle:

#9 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,862 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:25 AM

dang :roadrunner:

#10 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:12 AM

http://thisoneisonus.org/home

#11 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,862 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:59 AM

hey, that's cool

#12 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:20 AM

View PostNvyseal, on Mar 1 2009, 05:12 PM, said:

Thanks X! I'm getting it now.

So...is anyone going to go to the show besides me? LOL :giggle: The Mrs. wasn't too happy that I just got one ticket for me (no no, she doesn't want to go, but she doesn't want me to go by myself). :roadrunner:

What to do...what to do...

Meh.

One way or another it is going to be a great show!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users