- - - - -

Microsoft to release Vista Plus Pack

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:06 PM

images/news/vista.jpgMicrosoft seems to be preparing to release an unusual "Vista Plus Pack" on February 15th. Based on the provided box art, the Plus Pack appears to be a collection of four casual games that are "Enhanced for Windows Vista". The listing for the software was found on Future Shop's online catalog by MadDoggyca in our forums. Details below:

Releases 15 Feb/08. User-friendly software combines the features of Vista Home Basic with even more impressive and user-friendly capabilities. Features Windows Aero, an efficient and visually stunning interface that makes it easier to accomplish multiple tasks at once by providing a three-dimensional, real-time, animated view of all of your open applications and documents.

Features:

* By integrating search throughout the operating system, helps you quickly find and organize large collections of documents, pictures, movies, videos, and music.
* Includes Windows Tablet and Touch Technology that enables you to interact with your Tablet PC-compatible computer with a digital pen or your fingertip instead of having to use a keyboard.
* Includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment centre enjoy music, photos, and DVD movies.

Note that the price of $39.99 is in Canadian dollars since Future Shop is a Canadian home electronics store.

WinBeta

LOL!, whatever happened to the Ultimate Extras?

#2 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:46 PM

Yeah, Ultimate users are getting screwed over!!!

#3 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:28 AM

View Postchriso_86, on Jan 16 2008, 12:46 PM, said:

:giggle: Yeah, big time!

#4 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:11 AM

View Postchriso_86, on Jan 16 2008, 03:46 PM, said:

It's not so bad, just Format C: and reinstall XP X64, no more screwing of the Ultimate users, or any other Vista people either, this is a multiple OS sorta solution, all flavors are compatible. :giggle:

#5 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:24 AM

Yeah MO but that doesn't resolve the issue of the fact that I spent the money on the OS.

#6 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:28 AM

View Postchriso_86, on Jan 16 2008, 07:24 PM, said:

Yeah MO but that doesn't resolve the issue of the fact that I spent the money on the OS.

how did you find out tweak and i are the same person!!!???

#7 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:30 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on Jan 16 2008, 10:28 PM, said:

:giggle: ;) :pray:

#8 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:14 AM

Ah Vista Ultimate is a real WASTE of money, if home user Home Premimum works just as well

#9 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:13 PM

:giggle: ;)

#10 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:00 PM

Seems the Business version is probably the best all the way around as it seems it would yield the best performance of the bunch. Nice weather here in Cali btw. :giggle:

Edited by Tweak, 17 January 2008 - 06:03 PM.

#11 highlander

highlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

There are a few things that ultimate has that the other's don't. Like bit locker and the half open TCPiP Limit to 25 instead of 10 as in business and i think 2 or 5 in all the others...

A few other enhancements to the network and media center which not all of vista's carry it... A better group policy and user management than the others and I don't remember a few others.

its not a bad deal.. but i do feel the ultimate extras got shafted AGAIN, just like they did with windows 98 i think it was with all the addons.

IMO they should add to ULTIMATE free live OneCare since Windows Defender is already included. That will certeinly make up for the lack of ultimate extras.

#12 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:52 PM

View Posthighlander, on Jan 18 2008, 09:46 AM, said:

There are a few things that ultimate has that the other's don't. Like bit locker and the half open TCPiP Limit to 25 instead of 10 as in business and i think 2 or 5 in all the others...

A few other enhancements to the network and media center which not all of vista's carry it... A better group policy and user management than the others and I don't remember a few others.

its not a bad deal.. but i do feel the ultimate extras got shafted AGAIN, just like they did with windows 98 i think it was with all the addons.

IMO they should add to ULTIMATE free live OneCare since Windows Defender is already included. That will certeinly make up for the lack of ultimate extras.
Yeah, except onecare is a pile of donkey doo-do IMHO.

#13 TheBearLT

TheBearLT

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:33 PM

View Posthighlander, on Jan 18 2008, 07:46 PM, said:

Dude.. you can do all that, what Ult gives you with Free utilities...

Overall, MS ripping off us, Windows users, thats why I use WareZ ! ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users