9 replies to this topic

#1 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:34 AM

I received indications that people would like to see this O/S First hand.

Well let me get started then. First up I downloaded Automatix which is a big help in downloading an installing applications. After downloading automatix It installs itself to your menu, one of the applications it helps you install an set up is nVidia's drivers an control panel as both are shown here Attached File  Screenshot_2.png   1.23MB   20 downloads So after getting those installed Setting up my dual monitors was literally a snap as shown here. Attached File  Screenshots.png   1.15MB   29 downloads I have the 64bit version of Feisty an things like Skype are only 32bit, Unfortunately, So they are difficult to install some have gone through many convoluted maneuvers to install but with this it makes it a breeze. Attached File  Screenshot_1.png   1.38MB   15 downloads And then there is the Host of music an movie applications, You want to rip an burn cd's how bout dvd's, its all here. Attached File  Screenshot_3.png   1.3MB   12 downloads

Ubuntu also has some pretty darn cool built in toys, these were there before the automatix its a built in package manager also it can an does access ntfs here are some pics from my windows storage drive. Attached File  Screenshot_4.png   1.36MB   13 downloads
This next one is the update manager which is pretty straight forward an works like a charm. Attached File  Screenshot_5.png   1.29MB   13 downloads
And here is a close up of the automatix installer pretty easy to use I have to say. Attached File  Screenshot_6.png   2.19MB   18 downloads
Thank you all for taking the time to check this out. And I hope you like the screen shots, they are quite easy to get in here an as you can see decent quality, an best part screen shots are built into the O/S with no complicated maneuvering simple take screenshot menu as you can see in The last screenshot.

Edited by Camaro, 22 April 2007 - 09:11 AM.

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:30 PM

very nice, cam :bluerip: is this the gnome desktop?

#3 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:57 PM

Nice Gene! :storm: thx for that............ :bluerip:

One thing I notice.......the fonts still look the same and I could never get them to change in previous versions? They look bland and without sharpness. Particularly noticeable in the browser window on the Forum.....almost 'cleartype' looking. :boom:

#4 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:43 PM

Yes that the Gnome desktop, scara, I dont change the font types or anything so what ever is default is what I have going.

#5 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:25 PM

Thanks Camaro!! I am downloading the 64bit version for my dekstop, and also the ps3 version!! I'm hoping to really start learning linux cause I really really need to learn it!

#6 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:43 PM

View Postchriso_86, on Apr 22 2007, 01:25 PM, said:

I am downloading the 64bit version for my dekstop, and also the ps3 version!! I'm hoping to really start learning linux cause I really really need to learn it!
You just do that little monkey!! :bluerip:

Attached Files

#7 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:46 AM

Very sweet looking distro!

I am gonna HAVE to get it.

#8 WFO

WFO

Super Adv. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:59 AM

View PostNvyseal, on Apr 22 2007, 01:43 PM, said:

You just do that little monkey!! :rofl:

Ummm... as my memory banks recall, Howard Cosell was fired for saying: "Look at that little monkey go!" :) We wanna keep you around Nvy. :offtopic: I hate the thought police and they should be burned in h_ll but that's another topic. ;)

#9 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:01 AM

here is a pic for desktop that I found very nice.Attached File  esplanade_skyline_singapur_esplanade.jpg   3.1MB   17 downloads
I have some more similer ones if anyone is interested.

#10 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:26 PM

Very cool desktop pic !

------------

You just do that little monkey!! :rofl:

:) :offtopic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users