Dual Setup Worth It?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:16 AM

OK....seeing as I have ended up with 2 monitors....LOL.......I may as well use them?

Do you think they will work OK as a Dual setup?......I mean with being 2 different monitors etc.

Worth the bother guyz? :bluerip:

#2 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:33 AM

Yeah, sure why not??!!!! I have a widescreen and a regular now but they still work just fine!! I love my new dual screen setup!!

#3 godless

godless

GTA 4 is a ps2 relic with better graphics...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:35 AM

waste of money, my cousin had dual lcds, guess where i got my lcd?

#4 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:47 AM

Well, it depends on what you do with it!! If you just game and stuff then dual monitors won't do you any good!! But for me I can do homework and stuff on one screen, talking or watching a movie on another, etc.

#5 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:59 AM

I run dual monitors and can't imagine going back to only one. I watch TV on one and surf on the other. I have Outlook open on the right and then when I click a link, it opens in the left monitor. Running duals has really spoiled me. When I am in Skype, I can chat in one and check the forum in the other. Nothing like it...talker. :bluerip:

#6 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:25 AM

all i can say, is I LOVE IT!! should have done it a long time ago

#7 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 28 November 2006 - 04:31 AM

View Postchriso_86, on Nov 27 2006, 05:33 PM, said:

Yeah, sure why not??!!!! I have a widescreen and a regular now but they still work just fine!! I love my new dual screen setup!!
Posted ImageI have a 19" CRT and a 17" CRT and i love my setup. I have them both set to 1280x1024.

View Postchriso_86, on Nov 27 2006, 06:47 PM, said:

Well, it depends on what you do with it!! If you just game and stuff then dual monitors won't do you any good!! But for me I can do homework and stuff on one screen, talking or watching a movie on another, etc.
Posted ImageI do the same. Surf and homework. Movies and homework. Homework and homework. LOL

View Posttalker, on Nov 27 2006, 06:59 PM, said:

I run dual monitors and can't imagine going back to only one. I watch TV on one and surf on the other. I have Outlook open on the right and then when I click a link, it opens in the left monitor. Running duals has really spoiled me. When I am in Skype, I can chat in one and check the forum in the other. Nothing like it...talker. :bluerip:
Posted ImageI know that i will never go back to a single monitor. My father-in-law runs 3 LCD monitors and will eventually run 4--> linky (PAMD64, hope you all don't mind the link). I wish i had the cash to run 4...h3ll, i just wish i had the cash to run 2 LCDs LOL!

#8 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:23 AM

I want a 32in LCD but since I was given 2 of the 17in LCD I am running dual and although I have no homework it is nice to run duals, sorta like above I split and browse and type on seperate monitors, 4 would be really cool though!

#9 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:49 PM

I'd love to have a setup like yours ! I hate ALT-TAB :cheers:

#10 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:45 AM

Well tried it guyz........didn't like.

Viewsonic also looked very pale aside the Dell?..........colours looked washed and not as sharp etc.

So.......got rid of it today :headset: :chriso: :cool2:

#11 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:48 AM

So what does get ride of it mean?

#12 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:58 AM

So what does get ride of it mean?

I removed the thin filament from the TFT screen and then proceeded to p!ss on it.........then I threw it out the window......... :headset: :chriso:

I sold it! :rolleyes: :cool2:

#13 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:31 AM

View Postscaramonga, on Dec 4 2006, 07:58 PM, said:

I removed the thin filament from the TFT screen and then proceeded to p!ss on it.........then I threw it out the window......... :headset: :chriso:
I sold it! :rolleyes: :P
Posted ImageOh, that is too bad. I JUST bought two 17" Westinghouse LCDs and i am LOVING IT!!! Picked them up at Best Buy for $139 usd a pop. $302 after tax. I finally have LCDs *does a little dance* :cool2: Couldn't pass up the deal.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users