4 replies to this topic

#1 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:00 PM

The most efficient and reliable way to contact people along with Instant Messaging is E-mail. It seemed not much more could be done with e-mail but then we got Windows Live Mail.

Hotmail is one of the most widely recognized e-mail clients, Live mail will replace this!

Firstly the interface. An interface can make the difference between something usable and efficient and just plain useless. Windows Live Mail is interactive and its just like using a program.

My favourite feature is being able to drag and drop e-mails to different locations, along with being able to use my ctrl key to select multiple e-mails at once and increase how fast i can delete or organize my e-mails.

On top of that is the Dictionary, if i spell a word wrong its highlighted just like in Microsoft Office. If you want to send an important e-mail, you need it to be perfect. Windows Live Mail makes that possible without using other applications or resources.

Compared to Hotmail (or any other e-mail client) its easier to use with a simple not basic interface. Only today were testers given the chance to customize it a bit more with an option to choose layout and color scheme. It's brilliant how things are moving on and Windows Live Mail will be a good testimony for Microsoft. I prefer it over Gmail already. Its almost an Online Outlook!

Some things coming with Windows Live Mail will include;
  • Search facility
  • Better Accessibility
  • Increased Storage
  • Clear Menu's and Options to choose from
  • Customization Options (Not a common thing with e-mail)
  • Autocomplete
  • Better Address Book, Autocomplete helps you find someone quickly
  • So Far Adverts are LESS pronounced and don't ruin it
  • A Shortcut menu to My calendar, Contacts, Mail and WLM Today
  • Ability to Print e-mails on the fly
Conclusion

I see Windows Live Mail being a leader, ahead of its competition and useful to people who use e-mail professionally or otherwise. It fits in nicely with Windows Live Messenger and other Windows Live tools. How all these will interact is not known but i have experienced no problems getting mail or accessing it from Windows Live Messenger. Everything is almost finished!

One issue is the lack of Firefox Compatibility, but that will change soon :D

I think Microsoft will be allowing testers to send invites sometime in the near future :D

People who read this also read...

Windows Live Messenger 8 - Build 566 Review and invites so you can enjoy it! (Screenshots included)
Vista 5308 Review (screenshots too)
Windows Live ID to replace .net Passport

Attached Files

#2 atsaunier

atsaunier

Head Newsposter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:53 AM

i think the new live mail has many inprovments compared to the old hotmail, i for one like the increased storage, auto complete, new addres book and how the emails open when u click them, insred of changing the page and having to go back to the inbox to view then next. i think this is an major inprovement, my opion this must be a big step in a way for microsoft, enough to where otheres are copying the ideas, for example, the new yahoo mail beta looks almost like microsofts except its a tad diffrent, so microsoft must have something good going for others to copy it, thats my opion :D

#3 tc1

tc1

Charlie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Anything concerning computers

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:14 AM

I on the other hand, had it. I didn't care for it , as it wouldn't work in outlook express like my old hotmail does, everyone has a preference. i just like all my mail in outlook, for convience. :D

#4 atsaunier

atsaunier

Head Newsposter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:17 AM

View Posttc1, on Mar 2 2006, 10:14 PM, said:

I on the other hand, had it. I didn't care for it , as it wouldn't work in outlook express like my old hotmail does, everyone has a preference. i just like all my mail in outlook, for convience. :D
they released this new version of the beta mail today, have u tried it latly to see if this new version works with it?

Edited by atsaunier, 03 March 2006 - 04:18 AM.

#5 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:09 AM

Yah, they made it a bit more customizable like Windows Live Messenger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users