32 replies to this topic

#1 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 02:15 PM

Companies shouldn't rush to upgrade to Microsoft Windows Vista, according to analysts at Gartner, who believe most could safely hold back until 2008.

The majority of improvements in Vista, the update scheduled to arrive in 2006, will be security-related and most of this functionality "is available via third-party products today," Gartner analysts said in a research note published on Friday.

While Vista will "offer incremental, evolutionary improvements" over its predecessors, Windows XP users should "pursue a strategy of managed diversity," the analysts recommended. That means they should only bring in Vista on new machines and that not until 2008.

Personally i DISAGREE, nothing like a NEW START to an OS.

Most 3rd party alternatives LACK features e.t.c

My verdict is go for Vista A.S.A.P and i would bet most here will try it at least

#2 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 14 November 2005 - 02:32 PM

Also if no one rushes to try it and wait 2 years, it'll most likely be TWO YEARS before the flaws are reported and fixed! With recommending people not using the OS they are only hindering EVERYONE's experience in the OS IF you decided to follow through with it... I for one, if I can get the ram, will be running vista as soon as I can get my hands on it.

#3 Leo

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:48 PM

Companies shouldn't rush to upgrade to Microsoft Windows Vista, according to analysts at Gartner, who believe most could safely hold back until 2008.

The majority of improvements in Vista, the update scheduled to arrive in 2006, will be security-related and most of this functionality "is available via third-party products today," Gartner analysts said in a research note published on Friday.
I don´t understand this kind of *censored*......Why wait if you can have all those (3rd party stuff) in one installation?
I will be one of the first buying Vista I love it .

#4 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

~* Hardware & Beta Guru *~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:26 PM

I say wait a month or so before migrating to it, some software companies are very reluctant to develop drivers for their stuff if they see the OS as a possible gamble.

#5 RedInferno

RedInferno

Your mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:18 PM

SIgh...I was hoping there wouldn't be setbacks like this..once again, M$ ends up delaying what was waited upon long enough by 2 more years! :P

#6 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:39 PM

no... They are releasing Vista in 2006... other places are RECOMMENDING not to use it for two years... are they crazy... people like us have been awaiting this for what seems like a life time... you can't keep us from it! lol

#7 RedInferno

RedInferno

Your mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:43 PM

I know, but can't M$ get their act together and fix issues they KNOW are there? :P

#8 Leo

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:04 PM

I´m very very sure they will Red Inferno.
Just wai for Dec.16 You´ll be surprised.........I think we all `ll be

Edited by Leo, 14 November 2005 - 08:05 PM.

#9 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:07 PM

In my eyes no issue exists, it's just people who want to be 'different' talking about things they don't understand

#10 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:32 PM

View PostRedInferno, on Nov 14 2005, 11:18 AM, said:

SIgh...I was hoping there wouldn't be setbacks like this..once again, M$ ends up delaying what was waited upon long enough by 2 more years! :P

Just because some jackass like paul thurott says 'oh its delayed' u instantly believe it . Considering i know people at Microsoft and talk with them often they mention nothing of the sort . We are getting Nov and Dec Beta 2 ... So until Microsoft Announces any delays...take it with a grain of salt

#11 RedInferno

RedInferno

Your mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:46 PM

K....

I'm not saying it is correct, But it IS believable though...just take a look at how long it took for SP2....

Do you guys feel it is believable?

Edited by RedInferno, 14 November 2005 - 09:49 PM.

#12 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:01 PM

if u want to look at a delay like them cutting a Release Candidate out that honestly gives them Beta 2 to work on til Feb and make it feature complete..meaning no RC0 ... which would make it like Xp's testing phase... rc1 and 2

#13 Visentinel

Visentinel

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:17 AM

I'm personally slow on OS take up, for example i didn't move from NT4 to 2000 until SP3 and XP until SP1

I disagree with this article but at the same time their are other issues that i seriously don't want to deal with.

I bought my 6800GT 256mb 3 days ago LOL =D so its not the UI interface that upsets me, its just that windows OS's just keep getting bigger and more bloated, XP is about as far as id like to go.

#14 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:34 PM

Server, in my opinion, is probably your best bet... Convert it to a workstation and have a go. It's XP and it's not so bloated, I don't know WHY I take to it... I just like the way it handles. It's like driving a car, once you get a feel for a car, and it looks nice, you buy it.... I'm almost to the buying stage :baaasmiley:

As for good ol Paul.... Yeah I won't say it... it's not nice :blink: I'll just say, he can keep his comments to himself :P

#15 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:39 PM

why are people complaining when hdd's are gettin 400 gigs in size... a measely 6-8 gigs is nothing. You guys are simply basing all this off a beta 1, its going to get better. Like ive said before, no ones holding a knife to your throat making u use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users