18 replies to this topic

#16 RedInferno

RedInferno

Your mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 02:22 AM

Sigh, unfortunately yes.....it's getting worse as I;ve had a bout of ***COUGH*** illegality lately....

I admire the people who do open source...they are doing a good thing to help others out...

#17 gamer_pro_2000

gamer_pro_2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 04:54 AM

I've been running Fedora for a while now, but I can't figure out how to compile a driver for my wireless card. I'm going to go bezerk. I've never tried it before and I have no idea what I'm doing. I sound like an idiot, but I'm just going to be plain out straight with everyone. I know a lot about Windows and can do almost anything with it, but when i comes to linux, I'm a Noob. (crying uncontrollably). Any help? I have a Lalink RT2500 wireless card. It's the only thing I can't get working. I klove Fedora and don't want to scrap it. I got the driver from here:
http://www.ralinktech.com/drivers/Linux/RT...-1.3.0.2.tar.gz
Anyone know about how to deal with this sort of file? I have the 2.6.11 kernel, so in there, it would be the fedora folder, then the 2.6.2 folder under that. PLZ HELP BEFORE I DESTROY SOMTHING!!!!! WHAAAA!!!

#18 RedInferno

RedInferno

Your mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:27 PM

Maybe try a different build of the driver? Also, you unzipped the tar.gz file with winzip right? You can't just use a tar.gz file as a driver.

#19 x2p

x2p

Network Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Basketball,dj'ing and cars

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:45 PM

hey lads
sorry i have bin away,i have bin busy with some stuff,but i will try and answer any question about linux.
bigsmoke12@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users