1 reply to this topic

#1 bizketman101

bizketman101

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:13 PM

Hey! So I was bored this evening and decided to try out Ubuntu on a spare HD that i had laying around. I've been hearing about it for awhile and thought that i would give it a install. So far i like it, but for the life of me i cannot get my sound card working! its a audigy gamer (quite old now actually) but i thought i would ask the experts for help! any suggestions? Thanks!!

biz

#2 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

Go late response!

Ok, sorry, what is the exact details of the card?
It should just work usually, but some chipsets are not supported.

Please, could you start a terminal and type "lspci" (without the quotes) and post the results here in a txt-document? (You can just make one in gedit, by adding .txt as extension when you save it)

The type (Audigy Gamer) has nothing to do with it in this case. The chipset is what runs Linux, because drivers are for chipsets. The naming is something that makes driver-selection easy for windows-users.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users