No replies to this topic

#1 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:34 AM

...Con is one of the most well known names in Linux kernel development -- and with good reason. His focus on improving the kernel for desktop performance has won him a legion of fans, and his patchsets for the Linux kernel (marked as -ck) have had a significant impact. So much so that some of his changes have been directly incorporated into the kernel, and some of ideas inspire changes still taking place.

Recently, however, Con announced he was leaving it all behind. Interested in hearing what prompted the move I contacted Con to talk about the reasons for his leaving, what it takes to be a kernel developer, the future as he sees it.

"Computers of today may be 1,000 times faster than they were a decade ago, yet the things that matter are slower.

The standard argument people give me in response is 'but they do such more these days it isn't a fair comparison'. Well, they're 10 times slower despite being 1000 times faster, so they must be doing 10,000 times as many things. Clearly the 10,000 times more things they're doing are all in the wrong place."

Posted Image

i found this interview very informative. very cool guy.

http://apcmag.com/node/6735/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users