#61 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:09 PM

View Postvrosa x64, on Apr 24 2007, 08:16 AM, said:

In a Suse install is it possible to generate free space during setup or i need to prepare my partitions before ?

:offtopic:

It depends on how youre running it.. if youre running it through windows... then windows handles the partition.. if youre running it on straight linux.. then linux will do it.... (which is what you want because you want the linux kernal running... not windows)

VG

Edited by Vipers_Girl666, 24 April 2007 - 11:18 PM.

#62 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Women, Hard Rock and Fishing of course!

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:56 AM

View PostVipers_Girl666, on Apr 24 2007, 05:29 PM, said:

FYI ... suse does do automatic updates
Sweet! ;) But my install is going slower because I first updated Ubuntu 6.10 to Ubuntu 7.04 and it was great. I screwed up my folding folder so I thought I would do a fresh install for the heck of it, and in comparison the Ubuntu 7.04 fresh install was not half as good ad the update from 6.10. I lost all screen resolutions and refresh rates, it was terrible. Worked fine just looked like crap. I asked viper to post a short tutorial for the commands to install the SMP in Suse in the F@H thread. If he does this before i finnish this 6.10 update. I will just install Suse and say to h--l with Ubuntu. :offtopic: ;)

EDIT: Anyone running Ubuntu 6.10 use the update manager to upgrade to the new version 7.04. Do not do a fresh install unless you have to! :) By the way whats Vista??? :rofl:

Edited by USM, 25 April 2007 - 01:06 AM.

#63 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:02 AM

It depends on how youre running it.. if youre running it through windows... then windows handles the partition.. if youre running it on straight linux.. then linux will do it.... (which is what you want because you want the linux kernal running... not windows)

VG

I am talking about booting and installing from my Suse DVD, like i did with Ubuntu... I just wanted to be certain that Suse setup can resize my existing NTFS partitions to generate free space to be used with linux. If Ubuntu setup did it so i think that Suse's will do too.

Its not prob anyways, cuz i can resize within windows before booting from DVD. Anyway i wont install it until tomorrow night... :offtopic:

Thanks anyways VG :rofl:

#64 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:07 AM

View Postvrosa x64, on Apr 24 2007, 09:02 PM, said:

I am talking about booting and installing from my Suse DVD, like i did with Ubuntu... I just wanted to be certain that Suse setup can resize my existing NTFS partitions to generate free space to be used with linux. If Ubuntu setup did it so i think that Suse's will do too. Anyway i wont install it until tomorrow night... :rofl:

Thanks anyways VG :)
In my experience all the Newer Linux distros do that! :offtopic:

#65 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:33 AM

View PostUSM, on Apr 24 2007, 08:56 PM, said:

I asked viper to post a short tutorial for the commands to install the SMP in Suse in the F@H thread.

us its the same thing:P he says you dont need one...lol
(but you know if you get stuck somehow... he will give ya a hand)

but as ive been hearing from grand master linux...lol "linux is linux... its all the same thing..." apart from that "g" one... geentu or something???!! He says that one is a total mess... but aparently they tell you its a mess on their website :rofl:
(this is just what Ive heard)
:)
VG

:offtopic:

#66 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:04 AM

Ok thanx VG, I got my Suse DVD burned and ready to go. I ran into some other things and will do the install tomorrow. Im going to try to dual boot with my good'ol Ubuntu. :sphere:

#67 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:13 AM

View PostUSM, on Apr 25 2007, 01:04 AM, said:

Ok thanx VG, I got my Suse DVD burned and ready to go. I ran into some other things and will do the install tomorrow. Im going to try to dual boot with my good'ol Ubuntu. :sphere:

I dont know what grand master linux would say...

but just run suse... its awesome. it looks sweet... it works sweet... I only got to play with it for a bit when I was at vipers.... I like it better than anything else Ive seen. (not that ive seen much) ...LOL

#68 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:57 PM

I used the update manager to update from Ubuntu 6.10 to Ubuntu 7.04. I dont know if it is my hardware setup or what, but I have to say I was quite disappointed with the performance of the new release. Ubuntu 6.10 (on my rig) out performs the new 7.04 by so much it is not funny. :P Im not trying to stir up trouble or debate here just relaying my personal experience. I am trying a different Linux distro right now and if it does not work out I will absolutely go back to Ubuntu 6.10. :sphere: :(

EDIT: Maybe the Feisty Fawn is not ready yet? :rofl:

Edited by USM, 25 April 2007 - 05:00 PM.

#69 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:58 PM

I think it has to do with how you did it. For example when you set up 6.10 you had certain things going when you updated they were still going the same, but when you did the clean install you forgot them?
I did a clean install of 64bit feisty an have had no troubles an its going fast an great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users