• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:14 AM

Brewin is that your digs?

#47 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:04 AM

View Posthog, on Jun 12 2007, 05:07 PM, said:

I have to add, maybe I'll come over to one of you UK guys' place some day : I'm planning/dreaming to go studying in Oxford or Cambridge in two years from now, when I finish my BAC at University here (dunno the equivalent in US or UK, it's a 3-year course at Uni...before a Master...anyway, the lowest level of University formation...I'm studying linguistics).
Cool! Linguistics sounds interesting. I thought about studying Artificial Intelligence until I sat through a lecture on Morphology and came away from it wondering if I'd understood a single word the professor had said and if I might have some kind of learning disability. I decided I hadn't and I might, so I switched my focus to Web Development.

View Postchriso_86, on Jun 12 2007, 09:14 PM, said:

Brewin is that your digs?
The first one is. The second one is Al Gore. I saw that picture in some magazine and it reminded me of this thread. The article was all about his home office. I can't find the article, but I think those are three 30-inch Apple Cinema Displays powered by an 8-core Mac Pro.

Of course, he's on the Apple Board of Directors, so he probably didn't pay for any of it...

Edited by brewin, 13 June 2007 - 06:06 AM.

#48 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:00 AM

View Postbrewin, on Jun 13 2007, 02:04 AM, said:

Cool! Linguistics sounds interesting. I thought about studying Artificial Intelligence until I sat through a lecture on Morphology and came away from it wondering if I'd understood a single word the professor had said and if I might have some kind of learning disability. I decided I hadn't and I might, so I switched my focus to Web Development.
Hehe yeah morphology is pretty complicated without a good introduction to linguistics in general, but I love it :(

The first one is. The second one is Al Gore.
Of course, he's on the Apple Board of Directors, so he probably didn't pay for any of it...
Bah, Al Gore is a nice guy, so it doesn't bother me if he gets free stuff like this. If someone else did I'd be freaking jealous though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users