• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:54 AM

Register for the beta: http://www.zoomerang...=WEB225XKL8DUBK

Direct Link: http://betadownload....lin/PCC2007.zip

You are invited to join the PC-cillin 15.3 Beta Program

Beta Duration: December 6 to December 30, 2006

Trend Micro™ Internet Security 2007 comprehensively safeguards your computers, your home networks and your personal identity. Email, shop, share pictures, bank, and instant message, confident that this award-winning security software helps prevent malicious attacks and reduces time-consuming interruptions.

What's new in version 15.3?

* Enhanced Core Anti-Virus Features
* Microsoft Vista 32-bit Support
* Microsoft Vista 64-bit Support

Supported Operating Systems are:

* Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4 or above (32bit)
* Microsoft Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 1, 2 (32bit)
* Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004, 2005 (32bit)
* Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2004, 2005 (32bit)
* Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (32/64bit)
* Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (32/64bit)
* Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32/64bit)
* Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32/64bit)

TO JOIN, register by clicking HERE:

<http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB225XKL8DUBK>

At the end of the registration survey, you will be provided with the beta package download details.

Customers who send a completed test script by December 30 will automatically join the pool for a drawing of:[i]

* 5 winners of $100 USD gift certificates
* 5 winners of $50 USD gift certificates
* 10 winners of 1 Gigabyte USB Flash Drives
* 10 winners of Trend Micro gift pack

Winners will be drawn at random from all valid entries on December 31, 2006 and will be notified via the email used in the registration.

Please send any questions, suggestions, or comments to Pccillin_Beta@trendmicro.com.

Regards,

Trend Micro Beta Team

#2 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:03 PM

I recieved the email invitation as well. Howeve, I wrote them back saying that I would be unable to participate since they had left my primary OS off the list of supported OS. That is XP x64. Here is a portion of the reply...

Hi Bill,
Thank you for sending us your concern.
We do understand your point for not accepting to test PC-cillin 15.3. We are not actually sure why our developers skipped the support for Windows XP 64bit.

Yes, I could test it in Vista but since I have little or no indication that I will be adopting Vista for everyday use, I see the testing as futile effort...talker. :blink:

#3 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:22 PM

Just now I paid attention on it ...so probably i wont get it working on WinSrv 2k3 R2 x64 ! :moreilly:

* Microsoft Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 1, 2 (32bit)
* Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004, 2005 (32bit)
* Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2004, 2005 (32bit)

It's incredible that they left WinXP x64 out of the supported operating systems :blink:

:moreilly: >> TrendMicro

#4 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:51 PM

well, it does say vista 64bit...also, stormrosson uses the online trendmicro scan with his xp 64bit :blink: i find it hard to believe they would skip support for server 64bit..wouldn't make sense :moreilly:

#5 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 08 December 2006 - 06:00 PM

Yeah that is kinda crazy!! However, I love Trend Micro!! I run their client server stuff on my 2003 server at work. Haven't had much of any problems. There interface is super easy to use, and I rarely ever touch the thing. I think PC Magazine gave it several editors choice awards, beating out Norton (which is easy), Zone Alarm (harder to beat out), and several others.

#6 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:52 AM

I think PC Magazine gave it several editors choice awards, beating out Norton (which is easy), Zone Alarm (harder to beat out), and several others.

Yeah ! Zone Alarm is a nice firewall inded :blink:

#7 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:12 AM

Anyone here tried this and had trouble with it?

#8 talker

talker

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:05 AM

OK, being the "I gotta find out" sort of guy, I d/l the 15.3 beta and installed it on XP x64. I went the full package with firewall and all. So far, everything is working well with both the AV and the Firewall. It is kinda neat to once again have a popup when something is trying to get out of the system instead of just into the system. The install automatically uninstalled Avast and on reboot, finished the Trend Beta install. It has scanned the system and scans the emails in Outlook 2003 with out really slowing down the process. I will continue to run the Beta and see if the lack of x64 stated support was just an oversight and it does work or it really doesn't and my system is soon to be going up in smoke...talker. :moreilly:

Edited by talker, 16 December 2006 - 05:06 AM.

#9 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:36 AM

I'm going to try it as well. I've been using just avast! and windows firewall since i went back to XP x64. I hope that this doesn't take too much system resources.

Edited by Christopholofigus, 16 December 2006 - 06:44 AM.

#10 talker

talker

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:41 AM

View PostChristopholofigus, on Dec 16 2006, 12:36 AM, said:

I'm going to try it as well. I've been using just Advast! and windows firewall since i went back to XP x64. I hope that this doesn't take too much system resources.

Hi Christo,
I forgot to mention that with the install, it will turn off the Windows Firewall in favor of its own. As for system resources, each item seperately is not too bad but remember, this program has numerous elements so they do add up. So far it does not seem to be affecting the system adversely and seems to be doing its job well. Time will tell but so far things look very good...talker. :o :moreilly:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users