2 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:51 PM

Chrome Mac, Linux, and Extensions coming this year! Chrome OS still 2010 though, but source is up now

Chrome OS looks like... Chrome! (Shocking.) Looks like those TechCrunch screenshot leaks turned out to be real.

Chrome OS has "panels" -- small persistent windows. Good UI alternative to dealing only with tabs.

ALL your data on Chrome OS lives in the cloud. Showing a book-reading usage scenario. Browser windows can pull out like Exposé in OS X.

Attached File  chromeos_apps.jpg   25.75K   4 downloads Attached File  chromeos_live.jpg   41.67K   4 downloads

Google: "We want Chrome OS to feel more like a television than a computer. Just push a button and it's on." Uses custom PC firmware.

Video Explaining Chrome OS

Chrome OS won't be out until probably this time next year. (Unless you get and compile the open source starting today!)

#2 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:08 AM

OK i had a chance to look and digest this google OS and what i see is a Browser that loads with limited drivers for the netbook. I dont see how this thing is going to fly

#3 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:22 PM

yeah, i'm wondering as well. i don't trust google anymore than any of the other personal data collecting folks...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users