5 replies to this topic

#1 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:17 PM

Windows Whistler was the XP beta, through most of the development it looked like Windows 2000, then Microsoft added a theme called 'Watercolor'.

If you have patched your uxtheme.dll already, and want to see one of Windows XP's early themes...i have attached it.

You must remember, this was quite a development from the usual grey color and got us where we are now with Luna, and it also played a part in what Vista will look like.

Though XP was important, without it there would be a gap and Vista wouldn't be such a development or step forward.

Anyway, just run the setup and it will do the rest, it won't work unless you patch your uxtheme.dll or already have done so.

Attached Files

#2 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:06 AM

Hey Karl, you seem to be really knowledgable so maybe you can tell me, why did they name it Whistler and what exactly does it mean?

#3 stenorman2001

stenorman2001

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:15 PM

"Whistler" is the name of a mountain in America. The codename was chosen as Microsoft is starting to use mountains as codenames for their desktop operating systems. "Blackcomb" is the name of another mountain. "Longhorn" is the name of a bar between the two mountains, hence you can't go from Whistler to Blackcomb without passing by Longhorn!

#4 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:01 AM

Nice explanation ! :headset:

#5 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:07 PM

Gee, I guess my "uxtheme.dll" is not patched (hmmm, I thought it was) because all I can get from the themes is the wallpaper and the sound scheme. Anyone want to loan me a patched uxtheme.dll? Huh, Huh, pretty please...talker. :headset:

#6 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:00 PM

Check your PMs ! :headset:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users