• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
Attached Image: weeeeird.png
The network-icon is showing it's not connected, but the internet is perfectly fine. I have tried the solution Microsoft offers (from winmgmt to new profile (which is not an advice)). Nothing solved the problem, even in safe-mode it's there, showing the wrong icon.

It's not that it's affecting my computer in any way, it's just affecting me... I'm getting close to :cheers: :gsg9: :cheers:

#2 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:31 AM

Almost certainly, incorrect Router settings :cheers:

#3 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:34 AM

Speaking of routers, my old D-Link DI-604 does not want me to get on Xbox Live anymore it would seem. Restored to factory defaults, fiddled with pretty much everything, nothing works... The connection status page on the Xbox says I have Internet access, but cannot connect to Xbox Live... If I'm lucky, maybe someone will have an idea? :(

edit: also, uTorrent will not got faster than 10-30k/s... despite expressly opening ports.

Edited by hog, 06 March 2010 - 05:36 AM.

#4 Sphere

Sphere

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

View Postscaramonga, on Mar 6 2010, 03:31 AM, said:

Almost certainly, incorrect Router settings :(
I very much doubt so, how can any setting on the router have any effect on what icon windows is showing me.

The connection is correct, it says I'm connected, only, the icon is the wrong one.

#5 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:01 PM

do you have any other nic active, but not plugged in? any other network access capable device, virtual or not, active in the system?

#6 Sphere

Sphere

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:20 PM

Hmmm, my bluetooth is the only other NIC, but that shouldn't make a difference I think.

Let's test...

Even when connecting with both, thus Network and Tethering, I get the red cross, didn't help :(

#7 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:01 AM

since you have named your connection, could it be another 'home' connection that is turned off/disconnected/no longer used, but is still represented in the home group? how does everything look in device manager?

#8 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:20 AM

Also, check the 'Event Viewer' for things going on that shouldn't :(

#9 Sphere

Sphere

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:19 AM

TCP/IP failed to establish an outgoing connection because the selected local endpoint was recently used to connect to the same remote endpoint. This error typically occurs when outgoing connections are opened and closed at a high rate, causing all available local ports to be used and forcing TCP/IP to reuse a local port for an outgoing connection. To minimize the risk of data corruption, the TCP/IP standard requires a minimum time period to elapse between successive connections from a given local endpoint to a given remote endpoint.
Does that have anything to do with it?
It's all that I can find that is connected to network, and is warning.
Although, there is no error on 7-3-2010, even after reboot. Only a warning for a DNS not responding

All other are critical errors for my iphone (I'm used to that :()

#10 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:43 AM

it must be all those pr0n sites... :(

or the iphone :D

#11 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:51 PM

I'm having a similar problem since i installed VirtualBox and set up a virtual network. After my system starts the icon doesn't show up correctly (it appears with that yellow exclamation mark), but when I open the "Network and Sharing Center" it changes instantly.

Odd M$ things. :(

#12 Sphere

Sphere

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

Ok, this is odd:
Attached Image: Untitled.png
How can there be an "unknown" in my wired connection?
It's one wire, from NIC to Router!

#13 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:56 PM

Yes, it's quite odd...

Attached Image: Networking.jpg

More oddness here too... I'm wondering why the full map is not being shown. I currently have other 3 computers connected to the internet through a wireless router, but I can't see them on the network, though I can access all their shared resources.

:(

#14 Sphere

Sphere

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:35 AM

I think the conclusion is simple:
Windows Network and Sharing centre is bugged. To the max.

#15 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:19 AM

View PostSphere, on Mar 14 2010, 10:35 AM, said:

I think the conclusion is simple:
Windows Network and Sharing centre is bugged. To the max.

Nah.

Best ever, and networks are so simple to set up now, even Sphere can do it! :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users