28 replies to this topic

#1 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:33 PM

Hey everyone, now to be honest its been a while since I used a version of Windows that wasn't in trial mode etc. I finally decided to BUY Vista Home Premium and installed SP1. So far I am disapointed that I did it. At least no worries...

Attached File  x64.jpg   59.04K   9 downloads

#2 Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:08 PM

View PostLinoman, on Feb 7 2008, 07:33 AM, said:

Hey everyone, now to be honest its been a while since I used a version of Windows that wasn't in trial mode etc. I finally decided to BUY Vista Home Premium and installed SP1. So far I am disapointed that I did it. At least no worries...

Attachment x64.jpg

Well, since we're confessing, I too have only one legal copy of Vista. Also to be perfectly honest I didn't buy that one either, my son got both 32bit and 64bit versions in a purchase he had. Before that the last "legal" copy I actually purchased was windows ME- so you can't really blame me for not wanting to buy another. :worry:

I usually have three or four OS to boot to on my system. Right now I have four, Vista, XP 64bit, XP media center, and one Linux (Ubuntu). I keep them all seperate on different drives so I can remove one or add another whenever I want to. I use the F8 key to choose which drive to go to while booting up so there's no messing up or fooling with boot managers. :g:

#3 TheBearLT

TheBearLT

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:43 PM

My the only legal one operating system is Windows 98..

Everything that was before, and is after was illegal :g:
I'm not proud of it, in fact if it would be cheaper here, I would had definitely bought it, here you can barely get decent machine without clearing to Zeros your bank account.
But still, for me and for my soul, it is much safer to use illegal Windows. Because when you getting Lots of error, bsods etc, and no one from MS is actually helping you, you feel really happy, that you haven't bought that stupid operating system.

And overall those technical support from developers actually sucks ass.
I remember when I had purchased my MoBo Asus M2N32SLi Deluxe (at those times it was considered as hi-end), I also purchased lots of "bugs" with it.
I was contacting Asus for many times, but there was no real helping, there was like lots of requests of all kinds of information from developers, but there was no solution.. in fact, some problems stayed till today.

So overall, before purchasing any software or hardware, think for a second, that may be gettin' into some kind of a scam..

Cheers.

p.s. I don't encourage you not to buy software, you have your Head on your shoulders.
In fact, if you are going to make money using "it", you should 100% buy it, because lots of problems may occur (With a law).

Edited by TheBearLT, 07 February 2008 - 05:47 PM.

#4 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

~* Hardware & Beta Guru *~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:06 PM

View PostLinoman, on Feb 7 2008, 10:33 AM, said:

Attachment x64.jpg

Disappointment? what did u expect lino? 5 star treatment? :g: :worry:

#5 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:18 PM

View PostBlueScreenOfDeath, on Feb 7 2008, 07:06 PM, said:

Disappointment? what did u expect lino? 5 star treatment? :likewinmandr2: :roadrunner:

......or a working OS? :scara:

#6 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:35 AM

By the looks of it I can not spell, I meant to say I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED!

#7 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:16 PM

View PostLinoman, on Feb 8 2008, 04:35 AM, said:

By the looks of it I can not spell, I meant to say I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED!
LOL, I didn't buy it and I AM disappointed with what I've experienced...

#8 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:20 PM

Cool Linoman ! :likewinmandr2:

#9 GSG-9

GSG-9

Kicking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:Computers,<br />Drums/Sleeping,<br />Work (I guess?).<br />(In that order)

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:06 AM

Well...Ihad a legal copy of 3.1...
my dos was not legal...my 98 was not...My Me was the same as my parents I installed it and never updated after activation....my xp was not legal, and then I went in limbo with XP 64-bit for 2 or 3 years...god that was great. Now I have a legal version of Vista X64. and my only complaint is the file sharing not working with 32bit computers.

My laptop came with Home P 32bit, I inserted my Vista Ultimate Disk and installed Vista Home Premium 64 using the same cd key, which I dont think your supposed to do..

#10 Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:48 AM

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not alone..

But I also think that Microsoft and their activation policies has kept allot of us who install operating systems quite frequently using pirated or cracked copies to keep from going broke.

If I could buy one copy and use it many times in my own home without having to jump through hoops to keep it going then
Microsoft would have made more money from me-- for I have no problem buying something if I can use it any way I want for my own use.

:likewinmandr2:

#11 RJsPC

RJsPC

Sponge Bob Guru Pants

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:57 AM

I didn't pay for my copy of Vista premium 64, and I still want my money back :likewinmandr2: :roadrunner: :scara:

#12 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:05 AM

View PostRJsPC, on Feb 8 2008, 08:57 PM, said:

I didn't pay for my copy of Vista premium 64, and I still want my money back :likewinmandr2: :Laie_56: :giggle:

you linux lover, you... :roadrunner:

:scara:

#13 Scuba

Scuba

I see you!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:14 AM

Oh man, I didnt know you were supose to pay for this, woops. Maybe Ill purchace my next OS.

#14 RJsPC

RJsPC

Sponge Bob Guru Pants

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:15 AM

I just give love where I get it

Guess I need to give some love to this place too :likewinmandr2:

#15 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco