FTP access works but limited???

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

Anyone figure this out?

I have a NAS box set up and connected to my DG834N router, I use this as an FTP server for access when I'm not at home. This will now only work for a period MAX of 24 hours at a time before I, and others, are unable to gain access whatsoever? Once I reset NAS & router, then access is gained for a further 24 hours until the same happens again. It's driving me nuts!, as this has only happened since moving to O2 (ISP).

Router is set as DHCP, but have limited the IP range to 100 IP's, thus allowing me to set a static IP for the NAS outside of the DHCP range. Has always worked this way long before O2. I use SSL for FTP connection and have forwarded correct ports in router, 2125 (instead of 21), 22, 55536-56559 (Passive), all forwarded to NAS LAN IP. Connecting via my WAN IP (which is Dynamic but never changes) is fine, but only for 24 hours???

QNAP TS-109 Pro NAS
Netgear DG834N (Firmware DGTeam)

*Update*

I just called O2 and explained the problem to them, and they aren't interested. They don't have the technical know how to deal with this I was told, and that I should get a network engineer in to sort it out!

I did tell them that this has only happened since being assigned an IP in the new 93.xx.xx.xx range, dynamic, but has never changed since that was allocated. Problems have all been since then.

I'm now not at home, and pinging my IP gives 'time out' errors, as does a Traceroute, its completely invisible.

I HATE SERVERS!!! :)

#2 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:15 PM

it sounds like somewhere along the line your lease is not getting renewed through your server/NAS. look at your lease time in your router, find out when the lease expires and see if thats when your FTP goes down

#3 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:49 AM

View PostNvyseal, on Jul 19 2008, 03:15 PM, said:

it sounds like somewhere along the line your lease is not getting renewed through your server/NAS. look at your lease time in your router, find out when the lease expires and see if thats when your FTP goes down

i was going to mention this also, but scara uses xp 32bit, so he would have known about it already... :rofl_mini:

:rofl_mini:

#4 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:04 AM

Yup.....your right Dave :rofl_mini:

Lease is around the 24 hour mark and no way to do nothing about it, however, my router allows a MAC change and I've done just that, forcing my IP to change also :headbang:, dunno if its gonna cure the problem, as the new IP is still in the new 93 range, but at least I can change the damn thing, so its a start lol :rofl_mini:

#5 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:52 PM

Arrived at my G/F's tonight and tested server.........I got in!!!! :roadrunner: worked great for about 2 hours and thought that was it......no changes made whatsoever.

Now I've tried connecting, at its back to where I was :bluerip: unpingable, invisible and no Fu%%*in connection to this piece of sh*t!!!!

I give up.

Will use it as a back up system @ home, as I just don't understand the 'on/off' nature or 'mind of it's own' functionality state, which is driving me to despair in my late age.

<_<

#6 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:38 AM

well, if chriso would get back on here, he might just have an answer...hint hint, chris... :roadrunner:

#7 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:06 AM

View Postscaramonga, on Aug 7 2008, 07:52 PM, said:

Arrived at my G/F's tonight and tested server.........I got in!!!! :roadrunner: worked great for about 2 hours and thought that was it......no changes made whatsoever.

Now I've tried connecting, at its back to where I was :bluerip: unpingable, invisible and no Fu%%*in connection to this piece of sh*t!!!!

I give up.

Will use it as a back up system @ home, as I just don't understand the 'on/off' nature or 'mind of it's own' functionality state, which is driving me to despair in my late age.

<_<

Leave the app I showed ya open and adjust from the g/fs place with it and maybe then you can get it straightened out better...maybe not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users