1 reply to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:57 PM

THE LIMITED interest in Apple's operating systems is starting to dwindle.

According to Techweb, data gathered by Net Applications shows that the Mac OS had 4.35 per cent of the world's operating system share last December. Now it only has 4.33 per cent.

While this is not much of a dip, it reverses a trend that saw interest in Apple's operating system actually growing a few years back.

What is worse, from Apple's perspective, is that its operating system is losing ground in favour of Windows XP, which even Microsoft admits is a bit out of date. XP has 84.18 per cent of the operating systems used by machines accessing the Web sites measured by Net Applications during August.

One has to wonder why Apple can't compete when the opposition has been blasted for its security holes and has a product that is years out of date. Apple executives might be wondering what will happen to its operating system if Vista takes off, or Linux ever turns itself into a proper desktop.

µ

Trend: via Market Share

I wonder in a year how many of those Macs will be booting MOSTLY in XP or Vista.

#2 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:30 PM

MAC OS doesn't run a whole lot of stuff! MS just is able to run such a broad range of apps which keeps it number 1. I would guess Vista will reduce their percentage even more than it's current 4.35 percent.

This sounds like a come back commercial for MS against Apple's new "I'm a Mac" crap!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users