• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:18 PM

Have you seen what is going on ? I loved this idea... :rofl:

JoeJoe's Team is working on a kind of Longhorn Mod, they've done some nice things so far ....

I've already seen comments on ZDnet, Flexbeta and Winfuture, they're famous !

Attached File  Microsoft_Longhon_Reloaded.png   619.01K   44 downloads

Should old, abandonned operating systems just fade away? Or is there some way to breathe new life into them – without running afoul of the copyright police?

A handful of members of the Joejoe.Org Windows enthusiast site may soon find out. A self-selected group of site members have begun building a Longhorn-client-based, community-developed product they currently are calling “Longhorn Reloaded.”

On October 19, a Joejoe developer identified as “RayM” posted a call for others interested in banding together to take one of Microsoft’s pre-2004 test builds of Windows Longhorn (Build No. 4074, released at WinHEC in 2004) “make GUI (graphical user interface) modifications and redistribute the ISO with our modifications in it.”

“As every longhorn fan knows microsoft cancelled the longhorn project and started the new os ‘Windows Vista,’ said RayM. “My idea was to discuss what features we longhorn fans want to have in longhorn, and try to create modifications and add them to one of the latest builds, to continue (microsoft’s) work on the Longhorn OS.

“then maybe we can put all our creativity all together in one new Longhorn OS!! Just to put all modifications we made for Windows Longhorn in a stable and good looking build of microsoft and make it our Joejoe build of Windows Longhorn Operating system!!” RayM continued.

Since the initial Longhorn Reloaded posting, a number of Joejoe forum participants have joined the effort and have began soliciting wider participation from testers, skinners, designers and programmers.

It’s unclear whether any of the individuals interested in participating in the project has contacted Microsoft. It’s also not clear under what type of license the group is considering releasing the product, if and when they can deliver it.

Another Joejoe forum participant, “Mike,” refuted the notion that Microsoft could fight the Longhorn Reloaded project: “There are dozens of XP Custom editions out there, and not even any Microsoft Employee does care a single bean about it. So why not just make the same with Longhorn. It could end in a cool Longhorn build with lots of cool features and stuff."

Mike said he intended to replace Internet Explorer with a browser built in the Mozilla rendering engine, which he dubbed “Longzilla Explorer.”

Review the original JoeJoe topic: http://www.joejoe.org/forum/index.php?show...2094&st=140

:( Good luck for the team :)

#2 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:51 PM

I like it :)

#3 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:18 PM

Great Idea, but i remember running that build, and it had no driver support and very few applications ran on it.

More power to them! :)

#4 simon

simon

simon says Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:22 AM

good luck all that are working on that :)

#5 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 02 November 2006 - 10:14 AM

Great Idea, but i remember running that build, and it had no driver support and very few applications ran on it.

Yes nvyseal, its true, but i also remember that 4074 and 5048 were the only builds i could use for more than a month without reinstalling for some reason. :(

-----------------

I was playing with PhotoPaint and decided to make some artwork, what do u think ?

Attached File  BackGr_01.JPG   64.16K   34 downloadsAttached File  BackGr_02.JPG   62K   36 downloads
Attached File  BackGr_03.JPG   42.02K   24 downloadsAttached File  BackGr_04.JPG   56.78K   32 downloads
Attached File  BackGr_05.JPG   57.14K   34 downloadsAttached File  BackGr_05_boot.JPG   59.78K   31 downloads
Attached File  BackGr_06.JPG   51.93K   29 downloadsAttached File  BackGr_06_BOOT.JPG   55.84K   29 downloads

I loved the last, its my wallpaper now !

:rolleyes:

Edited by vrosa x64, 02 November 2006 - 01:27 PM.

#6 Leo

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:43 PM

Beautyfull wallpapers Vrosa!!!! I love the fourth one!
Well.......this is how my pc looks at the mom. :(
Attached File  desktop.JPG   138.29K   71 downloads

Edited by Leo, 02 November 2006 - 03:45 PM.

#7 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 02 November 2006 - 05:59 PM

I'm liking the last 4 :(

#8 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:02 PM

View PostLeo, on Nov 2 2006, 12:43 PM, said:

Beautyfull wallpapers Vrosa!!!! I love the fourth one!
Well.......this is how my pc looks at the mom. :(
Attachment attachment

Nice Leo, Ah reminds me of the good old days. How Longhorn (Vista) has changed.

#9 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:44 PM

Yes, i already miss Longhorn guys ! It was a good testing time :(

My Longhorn Reloaded Logons for XP (just a first try)

Attached File  LogonUI_Reloaded1.JPG   42.82K   34 downloads Attached File  LogonUI_Reloaded2.JPG   47.84K   36 downloads

If someone wants to see how it looks download Reloaded_Logon.zip (beta):

Zip contents:
Longhorn Reloaded Aura.logonxp
Longhorn Reloaded Aurora.logonxp

LogonStudio required

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users