65 replies to this topic

#16 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:56 AM

I read an old post by WFO that said his low end C2D's where having core01 errors, that is the same thing this said, I am thinking it has to do with the 2609 WU, but I dont know what he did to fix that.

#17 viper666

viper666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:26 AM

View PostCamaro, on Apr 23 2007, 09:26 PM, said:

Alright I got a question, on the Windows SMP. I talked to my sister today she has a E6300 an she said she would run the smp however she also has a active desktop, by that I mean she has program running that switches the desktop back ground every 5 to 15 seconds, the folding client says it errors out, an keeps dumping the work. could this be from the desktop?
1) I could be yes but I would switch windows to give priority to background services, normally this thing crashes because it has 4 threads running that have to talk to each other,and that talking gets interuppted.Trying to keep it simple!!The thread management on the win SMP is called Mpich2 and it runs as a windows service.So if a foreground service takes priority over it poof it crashes.

2) or reduce the amount of cpu usage in the client config like down from 100 to 90 and see if it runs

Also unless Mpich is installed properly, the client will run and crash and down load, and run and crash,over and over. that might be it 2. Because the threads cant talk to each other without it.

there is a batch file that installs it
down load the win smp and read the help file,
Then u might be able to help her .
Attached File  readme.rtf   15.79K   17 downloads here read this

Edited by viper666, 24 April 2007 - 04:34 AM.

#18 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:42 AM

View Postviper666, on Apr 23 2007, 11:26 PM, said:

1) I could be yes but I would switch windows to give priority to background services, normally this thing crashes because it has 4 threads running that have to talk to each other,and that talking gets interuppted.Trying to keep it simple!!The thread management on the win SMP is called Mpich2 and it runs as a windows service.So if a foreground service takes priority over it poof it crashes.

2) or reduce the amount of cpu usage in the client config like down from 100 to 90 and see if it runs
Also unless Mpich is installed properly, the client will run and crash and down load, and run and crash,over and over. that might be it 2. Because the threads cant talk to each other without it.

there is a batch file that installs it
down load the win smp and read the help file,
Then u might be able to help her .
Attachment attachment here read this
Ah ha, your a genius I should have known what the problem was because I actually took care of that on my brothers computer, She does not have a password setup.

#19 viper666

viper666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:22 AM

LOL at Genius I spent a couple hours figuring that out,when It happen to me.

Edited by viper666, 24 April 2007 - 06:22 AM.

#20 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Women, Hard Rock and Fishing of course!

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:54 AM

I like VG, good job! :rofl: A new rookie thread. I see hog and Cam have joined the band wagon. Hog the sluggishness of your mouse in VMware is normal and absolutely because you are running Ubuntu in VMware. One way to avoid this and maybe increase your frame times slightly is run Ububtu in text mode instead of xwindows. If your not sure how to do this, at the login screen before you type in your user name press Ctrl-Alt-F1 then log in in text mode. This will eliminate your mouse altogether. It is just like running in DOS and may increase your frame times, its worth a try. Welcome ROOKIES!!! And keep em folding! :offtopic:

#21 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:42 AM

View PostUSM, on Apr 24 2007, 03:54 AM, said:

I like VG, good job! :rofl: A new rookie thread. Welcome ROOKIES!!! And keep em folding! :offtopic:

Yes sir... and I expect to see you in here more ;)

:)
:dancing4:

#22 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:15 PM

wooooo....camaro bumped my ass down to 14th with his big jump into the top 10 *rubs her bottom*... but thatll only for another day and a bit and ill be moving back up the ranks again :offtopic:

VG

Im commmmmmmmmmmming us

#23 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:54 AM

View PostVipers_Girl666, on Apr 24 2007, 06:15 PM, said:

wooooo....camaro bumped my ass down to 14th with his big jump into the top 10 *rubs her bottom*... but thatll only for another day and a bit and ill be moving back up the ranks again :rofl:

VG

Im commmmmmmmmmmming us
Git r done VG, nows a good time my SMP has been down all day due to updates, screw-ups and burning that d--n Suse DVD. The first two times it failed during the burn process never had that happen before, just been one of those days. Im updating from Ubuntu 6.10 to 7.04 for the second time also, now I know why they recommend updating vs a fresh install. We live and learn. The update can be quite slow but well worth it. You keep it comming rookie, Im your target! :offtopic:

#24 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:12 AM

View PostUSM, on Apr 24 2007, 10:54 PM, said:

Git r done VG, nows a good time my SMP has been down all day due to updates, screw-ups and burning that d--n Suse DVD. The first two times it failed during the burn process never had that happen before, just been one of those days. Im updating from Ubuntu 6.10 to 7.04 for the second time also, now I know why they recommend updating vs a fresh install. We live and learn. The update can be quite slow but well worth it. You keep it comming rookie, Im your target! :sphere:

yeah yeah yeah ... you just like to rub it in that I cant run it .. I see how you are :P
I aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam coming for ya

hehehe

#25 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:35 AM

Chiming in Yo!

Err...SIR.

#26 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:54 AM

View PostUSM, on Apr 24 2007, 03:54 AM, said:

I like VG, good job! :P A new rookie thread. I see hog and Cam have joined the band wagon. Hog the sluggishness of your mouse in VMware is normal and absolutely because you are running Ubuntu in VMware. One way to avoid this and maybe increase your frame times slightly is run Ububtu in text mode instead of xwindows. If your not sure how to do this, at the login screen before you type in your user name press Ctrl-Alt-F1 then log in in text mode. This will eliminate your mouse altogether. It is just like running in DOS and may increase your frame times, its worth a try. Welcome ROOKIES!!! And keep em folding! :sphere:
Ok I was about to ask how to run the client once getting into text-mode but I decided to give it a shot first and I got it working ! Now let's see how fast it'll go... oh and hopefully I get my old 900mhz running soon.

#27 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:54 AM

View PostChristopholofigus, on Apr 24 2007, 11:35 PM, said:

Chiming in Yo!

Err...SIR.

ohhhhhhhhh as much as i wanna say something... i feellike id be stepping on us's toes :sphere:

#28 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:20 AM

View PostVipers_Girl666, on Apr 24 2007, 09:54 PM, said:

ohhhhhhhhh as much as i wanna say something... i feellike id be stepping on us's toes :(
:rofl: :lol: :rofl: :gsg9: :gsg9: :gsg9: :sphere: :P :gsg9: :gsg9: :gsg9: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#29 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:18 PM

View Posthog, on Apr 25 2007, 12:54 AM, said:

Ok I was about to ask how to run the client once getting into text-mode but I decided to give it a shot first and I got it working ! Now let's see how fast it'll go... oh and hopefully I get my old 900mhz running soon.

:P :rofl: :sphere:

and to celebrate your achievements

:(
:dancing4: :dancing4: :dancing4:

#30 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:14 PM

View Posthog, on Apr 25 2007, 12:54 AM, said:

:rofl: This may turn out to be a great thread! :lol: VG is a keg of dyn-o-mite watch out for her hog :( !!!
I cant dog you for asking that question cause honostly it was not that long ago that I had to ask the same question! But I will warn you about that 900MHz rig you are talking about. I have tryed 900 and 1000 MHz rigs before. They will fold but not very fast you will be lucky to get a small WU completed within 7 days. I had other rigs running so the electricty it cost to run those old klunkers was not worth it. If the electric bill is not an issue then by all means, every little bit helps. Keep em folding rookie!!! :sphere:

EDIT: I am thinking of setting a point on this team in which a rookie can realize they are no longer rookies. I call that a point in which you transform from a n00b rookie to a seasoned folder. My unofficial thought right now is 10,000 points, keyword here is unofficial. You rookies (or any team members) got anything to say, better say it now!!!! :P

Edited by USM, 25 April 2007 - 11:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users