65 replies to this topic

#1 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 04:02 PM

Ok so Ive started the rookie thread in hopes it gets pinned for the rookies. Heck we need a place too! My wee boxes have been running under vipers name for a few months so .. technically Im a rookie too!

So rookies.. this is the place to introduce yourself... tell us what you got... get whipped into shape by US.... ask for help... and have fun fun fun.

So... here goes...

My name is Phoenix... Im 30 going on 60 with the body of an 18 year old... I have a crappy lil p4 something something something or other that is 3.15ghz blah blah blah... (its not an amd so I dont like to talk about it much but before i get into toruble... i know i know.. it doesnt matter the pc... as long as its folding it helps out the team...lol) but it works at getting people out of debt.. so I figure it can help find a cure for something or other. I wont have it for long as I will be relocating to Viper's neighbourhood... *wink wink* where i will have access to all the amd's a girl could ever dream of... so it seems kinda silly to lug this thing all the way to the states...lol

And i have a lil laptop that likes to think it can fold... but shes having a hard time keeping up.. so Im going to wait until I get to vipers so he can give it his magical touch.... aka linux and whatever wonderful kernal hes compiled this week...lol

oh yeah... and so ya know.. when you see USM say ROOKIES REPORT... ya better jump to it!

VPG!

#2 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:16 PM

I finally decided to join the team here ! Got Ubuntu 7.04 x64 running in VMWare (running Linux for the first time in my life) and after following some guidelines found on the internet, I got the SMP client running ! I think it should work okay. I got project 2608 (1385 pts), I hope I make the 4 days deadline, it used to take almost that much time to get that amount of points with 2 console clients ! But I've read the SMP client is supposed to be 3-4 times faster, so I guess I shouldn't worry. Anyway, let's fold !

oh and where do I get those little signature stats table you all have ?

Edited by hog, 23 April 2007 - 05:17 PM.

#3 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:33 PM

View Posthog, on Apr 23 2007, 01:16 PM, said:

I finally decided to join the team here ! Got Ubuntu 7.04 x64 running in VMWare (running Linux for the first time in my life) and after following some guidelines found on the internet, I got the SMP client running ! I think it should work okay. I got project 2608 (1385 pts), I hope I make the 4 days deadline, it used to take almost that much time to get that amount of points with 2 console clients ! But I've read the SMP client is supposed to be 3-4 times faster, so I guess I shouldn't worry. Anyway, let's fold !

oh and where do I get those little signature stats table you all have ?

I envy you... I cant run the smp on my lil work pc... but congrats! Glad youve got it all fired up.

ok i was going to give it to you but your name n stuff isnt the same...

go to the thread that says we got eoc stats... and it tells you how to do it in there

:offtopic:
:dancing4:

Edited by Vipers_Girl666, 23 April 2007 - 05:35 PM.

#4 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:34 PM

An 'attitude' bitch...........I like! :rofl: :) ;)

#5 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

View Postscaramonga, on Apr 23 2007, 01:34 PM, said:

An 'attitude' bitch...........I like! :rofl: :) ;)

;)

:dancing4:

#6 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:23 PM

Please let me add my little grain of salt...

:rofl: :) :offtopic:

and...

:thaustin_powers_animated_dancin

why the heck do we have such strange smileys ??

okay followed the steps but nothing showing. I guess I have to wait until I send my first completed WU.

Edited by hog, 23 April 2007 - 06:28 PM.

#7 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:31 PM

View Posthog, on Apr 23 2007, 01:23 PM, said:

I don't know... :offtopic:

okay followed the steps but nothing showing. I guess I have to wait until I send my first completed WU.
Correct. It'll show up.

#8 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

View Posthog, on Apr 23 2007, 02:23 PM, said:

Please let me add my little grain of salt...

I love the fun smileys.... oh eyah that part I forgot...lol once your stats show up on eoc your box will pop up with all your info

ooopsie sorry

hmmmmmm
we need a moon smiley...

(_(_)

#9 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:36 PM

Is it just me... or is the last 2% on a work unit just killer... Im excited about getting my first 500 points up on the board and its like watching water boil! That and I want to see how FAH screws my lil pc with a 2526 like it is my poor little laptop.

ahhh Ill put on the non point cd n rock around the house... awesome tunes always make time fly.

VPG

#10 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:46 PM

Hummm ! Maybe i should get a SMP client running on a VM too !

#11 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:48 PM

View Postvrosa x64, on Apr 23 2007, 04:46 PM, said:

Hummm ! Maybe i should get a SMP client running on a VM too !

If youve got the boxes to do it with... you definatly should... watch your points go through the roof!

VPG

#12 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:04 AM

ok SMP client running in Ubuntu through VMWare... is there a way to make it run as a service ? What about monitoring ? Can I run FAHView to monitor my linux SMP client while I'm in Windows ??

#13 viper666

viper666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:20 AM

View Posthog, on Apr 23 2007, 09:04 PM, said:

ok SMP client running in Ubuntu through VMWare... is there a way to make it run as a service ? What about monitoring ? Can I run FAHView to monitor my linux SMP client while I'm in Windows ??
there is a way to run it as a service but its a pain. the hardest part will be getting vmware to fire up and launch the VM If U get that far then its easy. After that U add FAH to the etc/Local config file in Ubuntu and off it goes,

just a note if U turn that box off it will not make the SMP dead lines,U have to keep it running.

On VMware U can share Files to windows , it will show as a network share,at that point U can monitor it with any Windows based FAH monitor !!!!

GOOD Luck and thanks for your help !!!

Edited by viper666, 24 April 2007 - 02:24 AM.

#14 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:26 AM

Alright I got a question, on the Windows SMP. I talked to my sister today she has a E6300 an she said she would run the smp however she also has a active desktop, by that I mean she has program running that switches the desktop back ground every 5 to 15 seconds, the folding client says it errors out, an keeps dumping the work. could this be from the desktop?

#15 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:35 AM

View PostCamaro, on Apr 23 2007, 10:26 PM, said:

Alright I got a question, on the Windows SMP. I talked to my sister today she has a E6300 an she said she would run the smp however she also has a active desktop, by that I mean she has program running that switches the desktop back ground every 5 to 15 seconds, the folding client says it errors out, an keeps dumping the work. could this be from the desktop?
Viper could tell you more than me about that, but I can say I stopped using the Windows SMP client a while ago cause it was getting errors like this. Lately, I even had those errors in regular Windows Console client. But then again you make me wonder if it's not related to the Google Desktop I installed a couple of days ago... Anyways I'm on VMWare/Ubuntu/SMP client now. So yeah, better ask Vipe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users