#16 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:44 AM

Hey Nu :g:

Yeah I disable all that 'search/indexing' crap anyway, it's just way too slow for us Intel folks :rofl_mini: :storm:

Running sweet ATM, will give the Intel drivers a go tomorrow and run some tests before and after with ATTO etc. I can't be assed tonight after a few pints lol :P

Got the %temp dirs on my RAID drives along with FF cache now, just wish the new FW was here for this drive, but I guess we gotta wait till its fully tested and working properly on normal V's :)

#17 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:04 AM

:rofl_mini: yeah kinda why I've held off flashing my vertex I think I currently have FW1275 so I have to flash it twice according to the ocz forum stuff I read, and of course it will be a destructive flash the first one so hello reinstall :storm:

#18 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:34 PM

Installed Intel drivers along with Matrix Console (no write-back cache option available, I take it thats for RAID only?), no better and no worse, in fact, exatly the same result in WEI.

Here is a Crystal run:

Attached Image: vertturb.PNG

Dunno if thats good, bad or just sh1t lol?

:rofl_mini:

#19 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:07 AM

:rofl_mini: Rikky u got a single drive or a raid array? :storm:

#20 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:33 AM

Single non-member RAID drive Nu, other 3 disks are in RAID (Seagate's) on ICH10 controller.

Write speeds are bad for some reason? Over @ OCZ they confirm this :)

I also forgot the golden rule of NEVER uninstalling Intel chipset drivers lol :rofl_mini: Had to reinstall, but things are the same, reads OK, writes sh1t.

Tried the Wiper tool, but gave up as it was taking way too long, even without the Intel set installed, I'd rather watch fuckin paint dry :storm:

Getting fed up with it already lol, I ain't got the time nor patience any longer for this, may just use it as a door wedge soon :g:

#21 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:00 AM

:rofl_mini: I hear ya my brutha, I just quit lookin at the friggin benchmarks and **** and just use the damn thing and enjoy the freakin quik access time and resulting snappy feel of the system overall.....those f'n number generators(benchmarking apps) will drive u ape-**** after a while :storm:

Edited by stormrosson, 24 August 2009 - 02:02 AM.

#22 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:32 AM

View Poststormrosson, on Aug 24 2009, 03:00 AM, said:

:rofl_mini: I hear ya my brutha, I just quit lookin at the friggin benchmarks and **** and just use the damn thing and enjoy the freakin quik access time and resulting snappy feel of the system overall.....those f'n number generators(benchmarking apps) will drive u ape-**** after a while :g:

Yeah lol, think I'll do the same buddy, just be glad my Photoshop loads in 2 secs rather than 5 lol, and that my WEI went from 6.1 to 6.7 - all for £170.00 lol!!

I ain't bothered with boot times either lol as 'sleep' is instant and beats restarting any day, oh well, we live and learn :)

I may just take my RAM down to 2Gb and shove a pagefile of 9Gb on the SSD to wear it out and put it out of its misery LMAO!!

:storm:

#23 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:14 AM

#24 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:02 AM

if you just installed (os and apps), it takes a bit for the wear leveling to do it's thing. no biggie. when the new FW for your drive comes out, it will just take care of itself faster. strom is right re the benchies. i know yu are using raid hdds, but it would be neat to see how the drive does under ide mode. you could also be soaking up the bandwidth of the ich with all those other things running on it...

#25 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:19 AM

Here is something I've noticed also.....my DVD drive (SATA) will only burn in PIO mode now?? WTF!! There is no option to change to DMA mode either in Device Manager :storm:

#26 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:17 PM

sounds like the ich is "full"? does it do the same on the jmicron ports?

#27 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:27 PM

Yup, I'm beginning to think exactly that MO! :storm:

The SATA bus getting saturated, although why have 6 ports if you cant fill them with devices?, of course, maybe the ports can't handle SSD along with the rest filled? Think I'll drop a drive from my RAID set and move my Front Bay Caddy drive onto network machine. I don't really wanna use the J-Micron controller, as its just another thing to slow boot process down :rofl_mini:

#28 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

ich10®

Peripheral support

* Six PCIe version 2 ports, four of which can be configured as either 4x1 or 1x4.
* PCI bus
* Six SATA 3 Gbit/s ports in either legacy IDE or AHCI mode. can support external eSATA
* Intel High Definition Audio
* Integrated gigabit LAN.
* Six USB 2.0 controllers
with all that going on, and all the sata ports full, i can see why the ssd might be choked :rofl_mini:

(granted, you are not using everything at once, i just wonder if the 4x1 to the sata bus is just not able to give the ssd enough room to move with the other hdd raid going on...)

#29 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:27 PM

Then again, the ICH10R guide over @ OCZ, shown HERE shows this system configuration to be 3 x Vertex's in RAID0, along with 2 x WD drives in RAID0, and a non-member WD drive, all filling the 6 ports as I have done, the only difference being that I'm using one port for my optical drive?

#30 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:40 PM

ya got me there... :rofl_mini:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users