44 replies to this topic

#1 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:12 PM

I've been thinking about starting this thread for some time but now with the big craziness about the trade limit I think it's about time! I know banj0 is a Red Wings fan but what about the others? Baseball is boring, watch hockey guys!

Our goaler Huet is going to Washington in return of a 2nd round pick :) That's a good goaler we're losing, I don't really understand that trade but the 20-years old Carey Price is ready to take his place. Also that trade makes room in the wallet for bringing Marian Hossa to Montreal :) Senators want him too, but we'll get him!

oh and banj0, Forsberg and Foote are back in Colorado, are they gonna kick your winged butt? ;)

#2 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:12 PM

View Posthog, on Feb 26 2008, 01:12 PM, said:

oh and banj0, Forsberg and Foote are back in Colorado, are they gonna kick your winged butt? :)

Darren McCarty came back this week. I don't think so. ;)

2009 edit--for those that don't know or don't care, this is why McCarty sought revenge by knocking the crap out of Lemieux, who wasn't looking. "During the 1996 Western Conference finals, Lemieux slammed a defenseless Kris Draper from behind, face first into the top of the boards. Draper was left with a broken jaw, nose and cheekbone, along with a concussion. Draper's jaw was wired shut for more than a month and he needed reconstructive surgery on his face. " Link

Edited by banj0, 11 May 2009 - 10:39 PM.

#3 Red Hawk

Red Hawk

Oxford's King

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:18 PM

I'm a huge Leafs fan .. live in Ohio now and I wish the jackets were a better team. They have all the players to be good, but they still struggle game after game. Unfortunately .. living in the dorms we don't have an option to get the games unless we get them on FSN or NBC.

#4 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:11 PM

Hossa is in Pittsburg... :) Now they're getting scary. But we're gonna crush Atlanta tonight for not trading him to us!

Haha, a Leafs fan! :) Eh, one day you're gonna win the cup man, one day... ;) Oh and about the Jackets, with Foote and Fedorov now gone it might get uglier... But they can do like us in Montreal and rebuild with young players, it's working here!

See ya in the finals banj0! (If the boosted Stars don't beat you, cause they got some pretty good players today)

Edited by hog, 27 February 2008 - 04:20 AM.

#5 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:46 PM

Nice, You dont mind if i move this to the sports center?

#6 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:05 AM

Red Hawk, what do you think about Sundin's decision to not allow a trade to pass? I can see both sides of the thing but it really seems a shame that, no matter what happens next, Mats more than likely won't be Leaf anymore.

#7 Red Hawk

Red Hawk

Oxford's King

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:23 PM

I feel like he made the decision he wanted to make. It looks like he will be either ending his career as a leaf or staying in Toronto (if the front office wants him)...small chance that he goes elsewhere. I think Fletcher would be crazy not to keep him another year if Mats still wants to play. After all, Sundin is leading the team in pts, goals and assists.

#8 TheBearLT

TheBearLT

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:02 PM

Hey, Hawk, whats up.. ?

Haven't seen you commenting (Posts: 41) for a while.. :)

Edited by TheBearLT, 27 February 2008 - 05:03 PM.

#9 Red Hawk

Red Hawk

Oxford's King

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:12 PM

View PostTheBearLT, on Feb 27 2008, 12:02 PM, said:

Hey, Hawk, whats up.. ?

Haven't seen you commenting (Posts: 41) for a while.. :)

I know - it's been a crazy semester at school. It will all look good down the road on my resume though.

Trying to pop-in a little more often now, we will see what I can do.

#10 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:41 AM

:cc_surrender: :rofl_mini: :( :) :lol:

Koivu completes the rout! Les habitants are now 8-0 against the Bruins for the YEAR! What is that, like 25-0 over the last 3 seasons or something?!? Hahahahaha!

Don't get me wrong, Montreal and Detroit have no love lost but owning Boston this year like the Habs did is AweSome! lol

Hog, if the frigging Penguins come out of the East into the finals, Montreal should just pack it in and quit bringing sweaters onto the ice. On our side, if it's not the Wings, San Jose will win the Cup. Mark my words, no Eastern Conference Team will win the cup this year unless the Canadiens play in the finals.

If the Hurricanes win the whole thing, i will, in public, eat my hat. And I don't wear hats. :lol:

But no matter what, the Big "C" has put the Boston contingent into the hole for a long, long time! Nice! Fair play to Montreal!

#11 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:30 PM

View Postbanj0, on Mar 23 2008, 02:41 AM, said:

Koivu completes the rout! Les habitants are now 8-0 against the Bruins for the YEAR! What is that, like 25-0 over the last 3 seasons or something?!? Hahahahaha!

Don't get me wrong, Montreal and Detroit have no love lost but owning Boston this year like the Habs did is AweSome! lol

Hog, if the frigging Penguins come out of the East into the finals, Montreal should just pack it in and quit bringing sweaters onto the ice. On our side, if it's not the Wings, San Jose will win the Cup. Mark my words, no Eastern Conference Team will win the cup this year unless the Canadiens play in the finals.

If the Hurricanes win the whole thing, i will, in public, eat my hat. And I don't wear hats. :(

But no matter what, the Big "C" has put the Boston contingent into the hole for a long, long time! Nice! Fair play to Montreal!
Haha yeah, not a great game but what a finish! :cc_surrender: Captain Hook (he always gets penalties for hooking) won us the game in a pretty nice way :rofl_mini: Hell, NJ played against Pittsburgh yesterday, both teams are right behind us. At least they didn't go in overtime! Actually I'd like playing against Pinguins better than against the Devils. We suck against Brodeur and their team is sooo boring lol.

Hurricanes? Man they wouldn't even be in the playoffs if they were'nt in such a sucky division! A Montreal-Detroit final would be awesome, not to mention old-school :) We're gonna crush you, mwahahahaa!

#12 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:02 AM

And the Habs have now pretty much buried Buffalo's chance at the playoffs.

Hog, is this not the best time to be a Montreal fan in a long while?

On a weird, sad note, Mr. Hockey (Gordie Howe) is now 80 years old. Wow. Here's the interview.

Link.

These 2008 playoffs are shaping up to be some of the greatest of the last 20 years. It's a cool time to be a hockey fan.

Good luck until y'all get to Hockeytown!

#13 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

Ooooohhh yeah it's good to be a Canadiens fan! We're aiming for the first spot in the Eastern conference but Pittsburgh is playing pretty well.

I'm really looking for the real season to start, that'll be awesome! The way the Montreal is playing, we should go quite far in the finals :roadrunner: I hope we meet.

#14 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:17 AM

North-east division champions! :sphere: First division title since 1991-92 and first 100-points season since 1992-1993 (last time we won the Cup). Rookie Carey Price just beat the Senators 3-0 at Ottawa! :g: And that's without Koivu, Komisarek, Bouillon and Streit!

Now, after leading the Eastern Conference for 3/4 of the season, the Sens could be out of the playoffs if they lose their 2 games and Washington wins theirs.

Man, this is going to be one hell of a Spring!

#15 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:18 AM

View Posthog, on Apr 1 2008, 10:17 PM, said:

North-east division champions! :yahoo: First division title since 1991-92 and first 100-points season since 1992-1993 (last time we won the Cup). Rookie Carey Price just beat the Senators 3-0 at Ottawa! :g: And that's without Koivu, Komisarek, Bouillon and Streit!

Now, after leading the Eastern Conference for 3/4 of the season, the Sens could be out of the playoffs if they lose their 2 games and Washington wins theirs.

Man, this is going to be one hell of a Spring!

Congrats Habs! :sphere: :ph34r: I'm sure Montreal is buzzing right now.

We're gunning for the Presidents' Trophy now. San Jose is hot on our heels but I'll bet the Wings get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users