Ad-Aware 2007 Beta

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:17 PM

Ad-Aware 2007 is the latest version of Lavasoft’s industry leading anti-spyware solutions. Ad-Aware 2007 allows you to combat the growing threats and latest advancements of malicious spyware and malware. Ad-Aware 2007 protects you from spyware that secretly takes control of your computer, resulting in aggressive advertising pop-ups, sluggish computer activity and even identity theft through stolen private information. We give you the tools to detect hazardous content on your computer, clearly identify their threat level, and then give you the control to remove unwanted content, so that your private information remains right where it should - under your control. Lavasoft’s advanced Code Sequence Identification (CSI) technology roots out deeply hidden malware and then searches for similar codes in order to identity emerging variants. Ad-Aware 2007 thoroughly scans your memory, registry, Hosts file, hard, removable and optical drives for known data-mining, aggressive advertising, parasites, scumware, keyloggers, trojans, dialers, malware, browser hijackers, and tracking components.

Ad-Aware 2007 Features

* Fully redesigned engine – provides optimal productivity with fast scans and top resource efficiency
* Advanced Code Sequence Identity technology – results in better detection of deeply imbedded and emerging malware
* Enhanced Detection Database – protects Ad-Aware 2007 users from more malware, with incremental and automatic updates resulting in fast download times
* New graphical user interface (GUI) - easy to navigate for beginners while maintaining advanced options for experienced users and businesses
* Automatic scans and Web Updates – the all-new scheduler allows you to set a personalized schedule for automatic scans and definition file updates
* Ad-Watch TrackSweep – this new feature erases tracks left while surfing the Internet on IE, Firefox and Opera, in one easy click of a button
* Ad-Watch Connect – provides users with advanced protection as an additional shield against hijackers and identify theft
* Hosts File Editor – allows users to add, delete or make changes to the Hosts File to create Web navigational shortcuts and block specific sites
* Multiple Browser Support – Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera
* System Restore Point – provides a system restore point, particularly valuable for computer users who may have deleted a file in error during cleanup of their system

Screenshot

Download

Edited by scaramonga, 06 March 2007 - 02:17 PM.

#2 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:54 PM

Nice, i'm gonna try it :friends: Thanks Scara :davex:

#3 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:41 PM

thanks scara. i had applied for the beta, but just missed getting in. glad it is out to try now (my fave bug remover, besides spybot s&d, and nod, of course :friends: ).

#4 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

looks like you need to have purchased the previous version to run it more than 4 days...not out yet, it seems...(at least the little gray window says 4 days, and to enter a serial...)

#5 nitram

nitram

NITRISCO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:33 PM

Iv had problems with this software in the past. Get spyware terminator. Loads better and its free.

#6 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:50 PM

well, i would not recommend installing the beta. it took me three restarts and spybot's uninstaller to remove it! no uninstaller is included, so you will have issues getting it off to either update to the final, or use the present pro version (which i went to reinstall to compare the two, but couldn't because the beta blocked the install of the pro version :friends: ). the present adaware is really quite good, so unless they come up with something better than a fancier gui, i ain't biting (oh, i just got an email from them to download, but when i enter my pass, i get nowhere, and in order to fix the issue, by contacting support, you have to enter your pass... :davex: )

#7 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:58 PM

Yeah I got email too, but SQL errors when trying to log in!!?? :davex: :friends:

I just installed it through Total Uninstall (like I do with everything) so it removed all traces :scara:

Edited by scaramonga, 06 March 2007 - 07:01 PM.

#8 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:05 PM

View Postscaramonga, on Mar 6 2007, 10:58 AM, said:

Yeah I got email too, but SQL errors when trying to log in!!?? :davex: :friends:

I just installed it through Total Uninstall (like I do with everything) so it removed all traces :scara:
yeah, i bet the servers are down. even the updates for the free version are not available...Total Uninstall, you say?

#9 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:07 AM

Total Uninstall, you say?

Yup MO..........snapshot before........snapshot after......and everything removed like it was never there :davex: :friends:

#10 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:48 AM

haha, majorgeeks had ad-aware beta 7 for download part of the day. i say part, because the page is no longer active! the opening line in their description: "it crashed our test system"... :friends:

#11 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:07 AM

:friends: :davex:

#12 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:12 AM

...but the new engine shows some promise. found new bugs on my rig (not vista bugs, scara...).

#13 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:27 AM

(not vista bugs, scara...).

Ah......that's a pity buddy......I guess a reformat is the only way to remove them then?

:davex: :friends:

#14 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 07:25 AM

well, an updated beta has been released (but unless you have a key for the existing pro version, the 4 day limit would be counter productive towards attracting potential purchasers...).

#15 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:02 PM

Yes ! Many pontential new users will be removing it 4 days after installing. People apreciate when they have time to decide. A 30-day trial would be much better for both sides :shamrock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users