6 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:13 PM

Summer is just about half way over, stores are advertising Back to school specials and here at x64bit we will be celebrating our first anniversary August 27th w00t!

Just a recap of what had been going on at x64bit:

1) We welcome irishbf2 as one of our affiliates. If you enjoy Battlefield 2, check out where you can find them at HERE

2) We have plenty of chatter going on in our Cafe Forums, Join in on the fun and tell us of some of your experiences HERE

3) Video Humor, laugh it up in our bedtime story section Lots of great short videos to make you laugh yourself to sleep. Click Me

4) tc1 is back with his jokes, come read some of his along with other members jokes and share some of yours! (dont miss the hillbilly joke, it's excellent!) Read them and more HERE

5) FREEWARE! get a closer look at what software our members are that is absolutely FREE. We give you the links here! HERE

6) Got a slower PC or dont want to run or have an Antivirus or Software firewall installed? We have some tips on keeping yourself a little more secure than doing nothing at all. Read more here

7) For those of you running Vista, We have a little guide on making Vista "Shut down" instead of hibernating anyone can do. Check it out here

8) Did you know what "Peas in a Pod", "Monkey Pod" and a "Space Pod" all have in common?? They all could become violations of Apples Trademark. Read more about it HERE

9) Get a sneek peek at OS x 10.5 Leopard HERE

10) And my favorite, Vista: Take a Look at this last beta build before going RC1. This build promises to be lean, sleek, fast, and polished. Beta testers should be getting it any day now. Check back on x64bit for a quick tour and review

Thats it for now, but please look around the board, there is a lot of information there that i was not able to cram into this small newsletter.

Happy Computing
x64bit team staff

#2 clarky3429

clarky3429

No I will not fix your computer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:44 AM

yay!! seems like we have been around a lot longer than a year!! i.e. nvy joined at the start of last year????

#3 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:49 AM

We're talking about when lino and I decided to actually get serious about this forum and put it on a server that had more than 500MB space and 1gig of Transfer a month. Today, we can chew through 4gigBW in one day easily :huh: . Hence it our first anniversary as x64bit.net (not birthday)

#4 simon

simon

simon says Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:25 AM

WOW :huh: thats something ! Congrats to all that started this forum ! Lets go another Year I"ll hire the ;)

#5 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:52 AM

Thanks all, as i've always said from day one, this is your forum, you make it what it is. I say congrats to you all :huh:

#6 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:22 PM

Nice newsletter, yes thanks to all of you with out you we would not be here

#7 Scuba

Scuba

I see you!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:36 PM

Congrats!!!!!!!!! Im new to this forum and I love it. Theres so much to read and learn and the people here are great. I hope you guys stick around forever cuz I plan to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users