#1 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:29 PM

PART 1:
i used the info from this link. some of the commands were off (letter spacing), so i just copied my own cmd windows during creation of my latest win7 7127 bootable flash usb (note the text in red are the commands you type into the cmd window, as admin):

Posted Image
(format may take a few minutes, so perfect time to have that cup of coffee, or practice the tantric yoga positions you always put off...)
now insert your win7 .iso in your chosen optical drive, and...

PART 2:
now you need to verify the letter of your dvd drive (take note of the letter in "computer" of your optical drive of choice, as next you will be telling windows what you want and where you want it. my optical/dvd drive is D, so here we go: open another cmd window...:

Posted Image

go to "computer", right click on your chosen dvd drive, and select "open". you now will see the contents of the win7 .iso. in the top left of this window, left click on the "organize" option, and in the popup menu select "select all", and drag the highlighted files to the usb drive you just prepped. you now have a bootable usb drive w/your win7 .iso ready to install. make sure you set the usb drive to boot first over the hdd/ssd you will be using as the os partition. and, since this is not a dvd, you will need (at least i did) to reset boot options in your bios back to os hdd first, after the first reboot win7 initiates, as you will not get the familiar "press any key to boot from dvd" prompt. you should experience a 10 minute install w/o the familiar "waiting for the dvd drive to bust a move" lag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users