CS3 & iTunes 7.6+ - Remove The Bloated Spyware!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 TheBearLT

TheBearLT

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:57 AM

View PostOverCloke, on Dec 9 2007, 06:00 PM, said:

Hi!

I follow this guide and now i cant navigate...why? I can fix this?

Thanks

Which guide... Agents Smiths... or Scaramongas ?

Personally I used Scaras and works perfectly normal.. used on like 30 PC up to date.. and no problems was experienced.

#17 dave.m

dave.m

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:53 PM

While I'm sure I'm going to find loads of other Really Useful Stuff, I joined this board just to say Ta! (UK English for thanks!). Getting rid of Bonjour safetly and reliably is a bit like removing a splinter. Dunno how you worked it out but I'm glad you did.

#18 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:43 PM

View Postdave.m, on Mar 25 2008, 03:53 PM, said:

While I'm sure I'm going to find loads of other Really Useful Stuff, I joined this board just to say Ta! (UK English for thanks!). Getting rid of Bonjour safetly and reliably is a bit like removing a splinter. Dunno how you worked it out but I'm glad you did.

I'm glad it helped you out buddy :rofl_mini:

A big welcome to the board! :cc_surrender:

#19 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:42 AM

View Postdave.m, on Mar 25 2008, 11:53 AM, said:

Welcome to X64bit.net dave.m! You'll like it here.

Scara's guide is great and works flawlessly. For 64bit users though, don't forget to add the "(x86)" to the command line after Program Files.

Adios Bonjour. :roadrunner:

#20 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:43 PM

**Update as of 09/05/08 - iTunes 7.6+ installs the Bonjour service - Remove as above!!**

#21 repowell

repowell

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:05 PM

I just wanted give you props for these great instructions. I have wanted to remove that blasted Bonjour Service for years now, but could never figure it out on my own.

#22 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:58 PM

i can't believe i haven't done this yet... :yay2:

#23 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

Mo, don't feel bad, you're not the only one...

Although I have an explanation, my avatar and text proof my idiocy :P

#24 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:06 AM

:P

(love the avatar and text, btw)

#25 nomansname

nomansname

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:02 PM

Hi guys! first of all let me thank you all for the great help. i was really fed up of that damn Bonjur lame service and stuff..

i just came through a bunch of bonjour removal procedures in theese days, but tonight it showed up something new (at least for me and my pc). i had to install i-tunes (:chriso:). i installed the 64bit version (of course) but actually i didn't notice the x64 installer comes bundled with a 64 bit version of Bonjour as well. so what? well, nothing really annoying, i guess. but i was unable to perform the complete removal as in the "normal" 32bit version. i stopped and removed the service (which was incredibly installed with the proper name) as well as i deleted the bonjour folder. unluckily though, LSP-Fix detects winsock2 as being ok. which is true for the 32bit version, but in the system registry i can still view the damn mdnsNSP.dll entry located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries[B]64[\B]0000000007.

while waiting for a better idea i decided just to disable the dll loading, setting the DWORD value Enable from 1 to 0. i was about to delete the whole reg key but then i didn't cause i'm using a (quite) clean OS and don't really want to mess around and **** it up...yet....

if any1 of you guys having the same problem and maybe ideas for solving it could post them here, i'd really appreciate that. not that i feel my pc being slowed down by that reg key, but you know...i don't really like hidden evil stuff like that :rofl_mini:
in the meantime i'll maybe take a look at lspfix source code and see if any tip comes out....

oh, right, my pc is running vista business x64

many thanks for your help and congratulations for the forum. it rocks! :bluerip:

p.s: please try to forgive my poor english :bluerip:

#26 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:26 PM

Hi, and welcome to the board :rofl_mini:

If you have managed to rename mdnsNSP.dll to mdnsNSP.old and delete the dll, leaving the reg entry wont do any harm, and will be ignored due to the actual file being removed from the system.

S.

#27 nomansname

nomansname

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

hi scaramonga, thanks for your quick reply.

actually mdnsNSP.dll was missing when i browsed into Bonjour folder. There were just the .exe and .txt files. i removed the service with the -remove command and i eventually deleted the whole folder without any trouble. hope this is not a bad sign...

see you soon :rofl_mini:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users