• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_RevRogue_*

Guest_RevRogue_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

I have a few ideas and am not sure if they'll work,

Xbox live boot

I have a notion that if I was to hook my laptop up to my xbox using a crossover cable and share the internet form the LPT wirelessly, I then would use a piece of software and view all ip addresses coming through the connection, using that information I should be able to "boot" any incoming IP addys that I see fit.
(aka also known as force hosting but without another person hosting the game) I figure if I block the IP from connecting to me then the server will not allow them to connect the game that I'm in, thus kicking out a cheater.

Lag switch

Also... If i was to intergrate a sustain pedal type of device into the upstream of the ethernet cable running from my xbox to my router, then when holding down the pedal it would stop my character on the server from moving and on my xbox I would be able to move from one local to another and release the switch thus reappearing in a dif local on the server. (ex use. being chased by another player i hit switch and jump back then release switch and reappear behind player in order to deliver fatal beat down..)

these are just theories and I wish to get input on them before I try them but does anyone see any kind of flaw (besides user error? AKA. ID10T)

#2 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:22 PM

i dunno if this info helps but with my router i could block the Xbox 360.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users