XV6700 Bluetooth Voice Command

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_RevRogue_*

Guest_RevRogue_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:09 PM

*** These findings are not supported by any documentaion by any manufacturer and should not be tried if you do not know how to edit a registry, neither I nor any member of this website that is providing information here is liable for you messing up your device***

*** Prior to attempting any Changes you should make a back-up of your registry****

So after a lot of searching through the Internet I was unable to find the exact solution to my problem. I have MS Voice Command and want to use it with my BT headset on my xv6700. I was able to find about 15% of what I needed from another forum however they werent completely correct on how to do this registry hack.

*** THIS IS A MAJOR MOD TO YOUR PDA/PHONE DO NOT ATTEMPT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, BEING WRONG COULD MAKE YOUR DEVICE NOT WORK EVER AGAIN***********

Alright so I will assume you have gotten all through the install of MSVC and you have a proper reg editor on your handheld. the device I am working with is the XV6700 from Verizon and I am using PHMedit for my reg editor.

First thing is first what you'll want to do is go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM" and verify you have a key labeled (VoiceCommand) if it is not there you'll need to create it.

Afterwards you'll need to create a string named "path" inside the new key with the value ( \Program Files\Voice Command\VoiceCMD.exe )
then you will need three (3) dwords

LaunchAPEnable value 1
SupportCLI value 0
VoiceCmdEnable value 0

Afterwards you'll need to let your handheld sit for approx 5min to let the settings sink in to it then you will need to do a soft reset.

After the device resets you should be able to make voice command simply by activating your function key on your headset.

---originally posted on www.trcrweb.com

Edited by RevRogue, 01 August 2006 - 09:55 PM.

#2 simon

simon

simon says Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:12 PM

great job !! I m sure it works well and took some time also

#3 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin