2 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:26 AM

images/news/microsoft.jpgMicrosoft Corporation will focus on growing its own advertising and Internet search business after it withdrew its takeover offer for Yahoo, chairman Bill Gates said yesterday.

Analysts have been left wondering how the world’s largest software maker will increase its share of that multibillion dollar market without a major tie-up.

“We have always felt we could do very well on our own and now that’s the path we are focused on,” Gates said.

“The standard strategy for us is to just hire great engineers and surprise people at how well we can compete, even with a company that’s got a strong lead,” he said.

Gates says Microsoft remained open to making acquisitions, but declined to comment on possible candidates, such as networking sites like Facebook in which Microsoft already holds a 1.6 per cent stake. “You never know if there’s going to be a deal that makes sense,” he said.

Fortunewatch

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:02 AM

wtf is yahoo anyways? i can't see them spending squat on that setup. i say give google hell. i want the best results. this might just be real awesome for us...heck, they should also be looking at a piratebay kinda thing. talk about super domination... :P

#3 highlander

highlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

Thank god they didn't acquire yahoo... I think spending that much right now where the economy is not where it used to be is simply wasting money. Start from scratch... Use minimal advertising and take away... look at google.. Their ads are so slim that it doesn't annoy me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users