#46 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

:giggle: look I gotta act like I still have some integrity......LOL......besides it cost 50$ more :withstupid:

#47 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:00 PM

New BIOS removed TDP Limit, due to hundreds of users complaining to ASUS. I can now use 21x multiplier and Turbo mode.

Attached Image: spi4200scara.PNG

:christo: :storm: :yahoo:

#48 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:20 PM

View Postscaramonga, on Feb 17 2009, 12:00 PM, said:

New BIOS removed TDP Limit, due to hundreds of users complaining to ASUS. I can now use 21x multiplier and Turbo mode.

Attachment spi4200scara.PNG
:christo: :storm: :yahoo:
Ah, I miss the time when you had to use liquid nitrogen to obtain 4+Ghz speeds:

Turbo mode FTW! lol
But what is it?... I remember the turbo button on the computers when I was in elementary school (some 15 years ago) that provided a temporary OC but I didn't know it still existed.

#49 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

View Posthog, on Feb 17 2009, 09:20 PM, said:

Turbo mode FTW! lol
But what is it?... I remember the turbo button on the computers when I was in elementary school (some 15 years ago) that provided a temporary OC but I didn't know it still existed.
We had one of those at home, it was in turbo-mode all the time :christo:

#50 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:06 PM

Yeah I remember those 'turbo' buttons on front of case lol! :christo: , were going back a bit now :storm:

x58 boards have a 'turbo' facility that can be used, problem is that it drops the multiplier when TDP limit is reached (or what it thinks is max), so my 21x would normally be dropped to 20x (automatically) because I'm over 4GHz, buy hey, I'm on 'water', so that don't matter one jot! :D It's a 'fail-safe' protection I guess that some don't need :yahoo:

Gonna up it more as my temps are pretty good @ 4.2 ATM, wanna see how far this baby goes, but not for 24/7 use ;)

#51 WFO

WFO

Super Adv. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:59 PM

View Postscaramonga, on Feb 17 2009, 09:00 AM, said:

Attachment spi4200scara.PNG
:storm: :yahoo: ;)

Very nice Scara!!! :christo: Any chance of you posting the bios settings it took you to get there??? Hope. Hope. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users