• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 RoachycaL

RoachycaL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:09 PM

Karl if your computer dosnt put the graphics on Aero its automatically going to knock you down to 1. I think my and X2p got a 2 and 3 becuase we have it on the glass effect. What I dont understand is how I have a gig of ram and x2p has 512 yet he gets a 3 and I get a 2...

What graphics card do you have x2p? We have the same cpu :(

Edited by RoachycaL, 03 March 2006 - 09:12 PM.

#17 x2p

x2p

Network Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Basketball,dj'ing and cars

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:50 PM

i have a 9600 xt in my notebook,but u git 1mb cached on urs most 54s have only 512

#18 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:05 AM

mmm. i think i am gonna get a faster AMD CPU and more memory soon...and now a new Graphics and faster DVD writer lol...sigh :(

#19 clarky3429

clarky3429

No I will not fix your computer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 01:45 AM

yeah i got a 2, and i have a 2.8ghz 775 with 1gig of RAM!

i think it just plucks a random number O_o

#20 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:37 AM

Well I guess I'll have to buy a new PC for Vista. I mean if your PC's ony get a rating of one then my PC's will get a 0

#21 RoachycaL

RoachycaL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:14 PM

Basically Im thinking the performance is gonna have alot to do with the Ram, I dont think you will be needing 4gb yet though because that will cost ALOT. I can imagine when it comes to bringing vista out that places online will either take ram and cpu prices up, or down - 1 of the two. Everyone will be upgrading around then but you gotta remember especially with graphics that the Ram isnt everything. Some cards have 512mb now but it still makes them crap cards. Some have 512 but their kickass cards.

I know at the moment I have an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ and It will need to be renewed but I dont think im going to get a new board so it will be something with a socket AMD 939. I will also need 2Gb of ram which I can get nearer the time. I dont have much money at the moment becuase Im only 15 so hopefully after my GCSE's as a prezzie my parents will be getting me a powerfull X2 or a 19" TFT - havent decided yet :(

Something makes me think Vista isnt going to be THAT power hungry, when I put it on my AXP it only took about a minute, possibly less to completley boot up. Now with all the bugs and leaks I would say thats pretty good even with no software installed.

#22 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:59 AM

of course Ram Roachy. Ram is as much to do with performance as the CPU.

I got plans for 4GB of ram and the best CPU i can get!

#23 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:38 PM

My system isnt good rated by Vista System Rating, but I think it isnt so bad: Athlon64 3000+ @ 1980 MHz (110%), 1GB RAM, 256 MB GF Card. I think that they should review how to rate the systems in Vista, 'cos it makes no sense for me. I am about to buy a x2 cpu and get a GF 6800 (not cos of vista rating), later will increase my RAM from 1GB to 2GB.

#24 RoachycaL

RoachycaL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:00 PM

Yea I think in July sometime I will be getting an X2 4400+ if I pass my GCSE's well :P

#25 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:01 AM

Nice!

I will end up using this PC as a gaming pc and then getting a new one for Vista. Been thinking about it and i know that MS will be pulling support for XP soon....XP will slowly be phased out...

#26 RoachycaL

RoachycaL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:17 PM

They only just stopped windows 98 users from using windows update a year ago :)

#27 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:18 PM

Yes they did, why! :)

#28 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:31 PM

The operating system is no longer supported they're trying to push people forward.

#29 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:46 PM

Sure, try running a laptop 475-120m RAM to let it run XP.... doesn't work you know!

#30 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:46 PM

Trust me. XP support is being phased out for Home edition...very soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users