17 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:54 PM

I went to my sisters house, we were all going out to dinner. I arrived at just about 6:15 in the evening, the street was dark and i parked on the street. We all left for dinner, and when we got back Patrol-one had my car towed. Reason being, i was parked within 15 feet of a fire hydrant.

Attached Image: plug.jpg

Here is a picture of the fire hydrant. Please note, this picture was taken at night, with a flash. At night the street is quite dark. also note, the sidewalk is on the right side, and extends about 7 feet, then the curb where i was parked at. Can you find the Fire Hydrant?

Patrol-one in Orange County, CAis a scam, and i bet Avanti Towing in Santa Ana, CA is in on it too.

If you are a property owner, or HOA, Do not use Patrol-one for your enforcement needs.

Do NOT use Avanti Towing if you ever break down, they will probably rip you off.

Only Thieves would trust these Thieves.

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:00 AM

...or ever have a fire in that neighborhood... :friends: geez, i wonder what would happen if the fire dept. saw this (or didn't, as in hydrant). maybe they would tune up the HOA... :davex:

#3 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:18 AM

Ouch, that is terrible, I know I would be quite P!$$ed my self.

#4 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:27 AM

That is stupid. If you can't see it how is the fire dept supose to find the stupid thing if someone's house is burning down?

#5 WFO

WFO

Super Adv. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:18 AM

Obviously you missed the blue? reflector in the street indicating the hydrants existence. :friends: I'd fight it all the way as normal people know nothing about street reflectors. If the judge rules against you he should be declared leagally blind. :davex:

#6 Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:00 AM

That's a shame.
I've heard of that happening in a few citys here in Orange County, but not in Santa Ana.
It has become a money making scam for the tow companies with a kickback going to the apartment complex, homeowners assoc. or security company that calls it in. :friends:

You've got a good case though- go to court and fight the ticket/tow. Just show the judge that picture and get your money back from that scumbag tow company. :davex:

#7 RJsPC

RJsPC

Sponge Bob Guru Pants

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:29 AM

Thats just plain absurd :friends:
I'm sorry to hear you got taken like that :davex:

#8 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 09 March 2007 - 05:05 AM

Bast-tages! Fight the power.

#9 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:18 AM

A few others seem to be a little pissed at Patrol One

http://orangecounty....m/review/631565

http://www.complaints.com/september2002/co...ptember4.25.htm

http://www.complaint.../march/7/46.htm

http://www.complaint...ol_One_3983.htm

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/...one-c29785.html

Also looks like the BBB has a few complaints listed on their site to

#10 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:48 AM

If you give me their number and a few random addresses, I'll call 'em 10 times a day for tows that don't exist. The driver(s) will still get paid.

#11 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:29 AM

View Postbanj0, on Mar 9 2007, 09:48 PM, said:

If you give me their number and a few random addresses, I'll call 'em 10 times a day for tows that don't exist. The driver(s) will still get paid.
:friends: :davex:

#12 Patrol One

Patrol One

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:23 AM

If you believe Patrol One has some kick back or other illegal relationship with Avanti or any other tow company here's your opportunity to cash in big time. Bring your proof and collect big $$$$. Otherwise zip your lip. As any Navy Seal would know, "Loose lips sink ships." If you have the huevos calll Patrol One and ask for Bill. I bet you won't take the challenge.

#13 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:02 AM

View PostPatrol One, on Mar 27 2007, 05:23 PM, said:

If you believe Patrol One has some kick back or other illegal relationship with Avanti or any other tow company here's your opportunity to cash in big time. Bring your proof and collect big $$$$. Otherwise zip your lip. As any Navy Seal would know, "Loose lips sink ships." If you have the huevos calll Patrol One and ask for Bill. I bet you won't take the challenge.
:rofl:

well, it's obviously a scam. you can't see the plug at night. you would have to know where they were...as i'm sure patrol one does...(i love it...hidden fire hydrants!). great way to make yourselves useful in the community. :rofl:

#14 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:48 AM

View PostBarneyFife, on Mar 27 2007, 07:23 PM, said:

If you believe Patrol One has some kick back or other illegal relationship with Avanti or any other tow company here's your opportunity to cash in big time. Bring your proof and collect big $$$$. Otherwise zip your lip.

Way to argue the merits of the post and the specifics of the photo that was presented. A little defensive are we? Perhaps this crap has happened so many times that you folks have it as #3 on your FAQ list? Hmmmmm....

'ShamelessScammer' said:

As any Navy Seal would know, "Loose lips sink ships." If you have the huevos calll Patrol One and ask for Bill. I bet you won't take the challenge.

If you have the huevos, call 1-800-GET-BENT and ask for an appointment. Thief. :rofl:

#15 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:10 AM

View PostPatrol One, on Mar 27 2007, 07:23 PM, said:

#5 on your FAQ is obviously wrong, just thought I'd let you know!

5. Are PATROL ONE's patrol officers blind, or stupid?
Neither is the case. We do hire real people; people who, from time to time, do make honest mistakes. Most frequently, however, we find cases where a violator claims he/she was cited or towed in error, which turns out to be a case where the violator does not understand the community association's rules.

And #3 is complete bullshit. You throw away information to "save storage space?" Bullshit.

3. May I demand of PATROL ONE, copies of the citation I received, or did not receive, but they say was issued?
No. PATROL ONE's officers cite vehicles, turn the citations into the PATROL ONE data entry personnel where they are placed in a database. The citation is then destroyed to save storage space. Keeping hard copies of citations is laborious and costly, and really proves nothing. The officer will testify that he wrote the citation, and the fact that it is in the computer proves some else saw it.

And, we have had several cases of people removing the cites from other people's cars. It seems these misguided individuals believe they are somehow saving the violator from being towed or fined.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users