Windows Vs Linux

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Which do you prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 12:27 PM

I actually prefer Windows to be truthful. XP is running excellent right now and its been doing so for a long while. If you know how to use a PC your ok.

#2 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 12:36 PM

Linux, for the simple reason I'm a Linux user

#3 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:22 PM

Honestly I like windows, it kicked the **** out of the apple I use to use and I just stuck with it, I like linux too but windows is more universal and it seems to be easier to me :shrugs:

#4 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:42 PM

Damn this is a hard one to be honest I love both of them. Windows =GUI and Linux = reliable for me

Damn this is a hard one to be honest I love both of them. Windows =GUI and Linux = reliable for me

#5 Cory

Cory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:00 AM

I vote Windows bercause of its "unerversalness" and all the linux things i got are run off cd type things

#6 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:49 AM

yeah, windows seems to be the platform that works with all software and is the norm...its safe

#7 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:27 AM

RevRogue I could not have said that better myself, I feel exactly the same way, use Windows and Linux to gain as much PC info as possible.

#8 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:24 PM

How can i not have the norm? Do i have a super OS that is way beyond average? No.

So till Vista i am gonna be happy with the norm.

Why have i finally decided on Windows?

Linux lacks the familiar interface, the startmenu, my nice theme, WMP 11 skin, Vista Icons, Office 2007, internet explorer 7 and firefox, vice city and many more things linux could not give me as a default OS.

#9 Sphere

Sphere

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:45 PM

View PostNeon, on Mar 26 2006, 04:24 PM, said:

How can i not have the norm? Do i have a super OS that is way beyond average? No.

So till Vista i am gonna be happy with the norm.

Why have i finally decided on Windows?

Linux lacks the familiar interface, the startmenu, my nice theme, WMP 11 skin, Vista Icons, Office 2007, internet explorer 7 and firefox, vice city and many more things linux could not give me as a default OS.
Linux has:
>Start menu like system in KDE
>KDE is very themeable
>amaroK is 10 times better than WMP (I know ppl who switched just for amaroK)
>Vista icons can be imported
>Firefox is build in Linux environment, it is thus also for Linux
>I can play Vice City through Wine just fine!

So... be carefull with what you claim!

#10 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:00 PM

You see I do not like Windows vs Linux polls, no side ever wins. If you like Windows fine if you like Linux fine. But we should try not to always brag about why our chosen OS is better than anyother.

Its a choice everyone makes. My choice is using Windows and Linux

#11 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:02 PM

hmm He'll never do open source LOL

I too see from both sides, why do I use windows? BecauseI double click and something installs, simple easy, no timme spent, HOWEVER Linux is fun and its cool to learn, it is easy in a way but the whole installing factor and the availability of stuff I use isn't so err available and It'd be nice to use every once and a while but I don't see it as being a usual use for me... but heh I tried Fedora Core 4 but it didn't go over too well, my computer revolted against me LOL

#12 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:33 PM

Yea I know the feeling when ones PC revolts against one (cough had that with Linspire and Windows ME) but its all a learning experince

#13 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:47 PM

LMFAO no, Fedora Core 4 commandeered my machine O.o things didn't end well LOL but I'm thinking of going back to a linux distro for my server when It gets back to that point.

#14 Sphere

Sphere

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:13 PM

View PostRevRogue, on Mar 26 2006, 06:26 PM, said:

Lol no braggin here I can see pretty clearly form both sides, but u are correct no side will ever win until either Bill starts open-source work camps or we over throw the evil dictator of Operating systems... ;) However just to say there was an entire country that completely switched from Microsoft products to Open source. I'll try to find the news article that I read that in. :P
That's Korea, they didn't wanna pay but did want every citizen to have a cheap pc :P

#15 Sphere

Sphere

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:51 PM

so true... same as the story, it's actually true, and I think it rocks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users