Im Left handed

#2 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

Some one had way too much time on their hands.
Us lefty's are the only ones in our Right minds

#3 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:04 PM

View PostCamaro, on Mar 19 2008, 10:18 PM, said:

Some one had way too much time on their hands.
Us lefty's are the only ones in our Right minds
That's not true, I was born right-handed, but with some training, I'm now Ambidextrous (two handed), which means that if I can do it, everybody can.

I can write, paint, build, do everything just as good with left as I can with right

#4 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

View PostSphere, on Mar 19 2008, 06:04 PM, said:

That's not true, I was born right-handed, but with some training, I'm now Ambidextrous (two handed), which means that if I can do it, everybody can.

I can write, paint, build, do everything just as good with left as I can with right

How long did the training take? And do you mean anything specific or just making yourself do everything with the left?

#5 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:55 PM

View PostSphere, on Mar 19 2008, 05:04 PM, said:

Actually it is true, Left side of your body is controlled by the Right hemisphere of your brain, and conversely the Right side of your body is controlled by the left side of your brain, you are right though you can train yourself your brain is a remarkably malleable thing.

I too have taught my self to be ambidextrous, not entirely by choice though, when I was in school they tried to force me into using my right hand all the time, and I have what is called a Lazy Eye my left eye can never have the vision my right does thus my hand eye coordination for left hand was bad so my right hand and eye worked well together, I still prefer writing and eating with my left though.

#6 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:12 PM

I too have learned to live in a right handed world. Example, i can use a Keyboard Numeric keypad, Mouse, Sissors, Bowl, Baseball etc right or left handed. The one thing that really bugged me in school is a three ring binder. Writing was such a pain in the butt, your arm and hand had to work around the 3 rings in the binder

Oh and try using a miter box left handed, almost impossible

#7 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:46 AM

View PostNvyseal, on Mar 19 2008, 06:12 PM, said:

I too have learned to live in a right handed world. Example, i can use a Keyboard Numeric keypad, Mouse, Sissors, Bowl, Baseball etc right or left handed. The one thing that really bugged me in school is a three ring binder. Writing was such a pain in the butt, your arm and hand had to work around the 3 rings in the binder

Oh and try using a miter box left handed, almost impossible
:graduated: agreed

#8 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:04 AM

View Posteniparadoxgma, on Mar 19 2008, 11:14 PM, said:

How long did the training take? And do you mean anything specific or just making yourself do everything with the left?
I've forced myself into doing pretty much everything, even writing, with my left hand. It didn't even take me that surprisingly long to actually really use my left hand. But it took me I think 2 years to actually have the same skills on the left as I did have on the right.

As a right-handed, I know I have an easier choice of just "doing that"

What I meant with the "that's not true" is that I myself for example, have a brain mixture which isn't that rare, that makes right-is-right and left-is-left. It's just not that common

#9 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:38 AM

I have a lot of friends who are left-handed and they are often complaining about all sorts of things that aren't adapted for them. I have to agree lots of things are made more difficult for them, but that video's kinda funny lol...

#10 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:09 AM

View PostSphere, on Mar 19 2008, 05:04 PM, said:

HAHA you had to teach yourself... I was born ambidextrious.

Wait... maybe that's what's wrong with me O.o

:sphere: :g:

#11 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:42 AM

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous.

#12 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:04 AM

View PostTweak, on Jun 12 2008, 07:42 PM, said:

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous.
What? But then you couldn't... Oh... ah! It's a joke! :g:

Edited by hog, 13 June 2008 - 04:05 AM.

#13 ACiD BuRN

ACiD BuRN

the always learning student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:53 AM

I don't know about you guys, but for me, it's rather weird when I see a man or a woman playing with a guitar made for left handed people (for example, Kurt Cobain :sphere:). I'm right handed, but would like to be ambidextrous, because lecturers in my university can sometimes drag your hand down :g:

#14 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:31 AM

View Posthog, on Jun 13 2008, 12:04 AM, said:

What? But then you couldn't... Oh... ah! It's a joke! :sphere:

Well I would be screwed if I offered my right...haha. :g:

#15 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:37 AM

I'm ambidextrous with a lot of things but there are some that I can only handle right and some only left. I can't throw a football with my right and I can't throw a baseball with my left, as example.

:gsg9: I almost mentioned that I'm a switch hitter in baseball and then I remembered how this crowd could take that phrase. :g: :sphere:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users