35 replies to this topic

#16 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:34 AM

I don't understand you guys. Except for the fact that SLi still isn't supported (hey, that's nVidia's fault, right?), I've absolutely no problem with Vista ! Ok, some programs still happen to have some strange behavior, but most of the time they are old software. Vista is main OS and I only use XP for gaming when I need SLi. Stop complaining about Vista if you don't have a good reason to do so. Or if you do have one, why don't you share it with us ?

#17 bluerip

bluerip

BS Meter embedded, BS attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:All things SciFi, Hidden Science,& Hiddin Truth

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:17 AM

View Posthog, on Apr 30 2007, 07:34 PM, said:

Stop complaining about Vista if you don't have a good reason to do so. Or if you do have one, why don't you share it with us ?

Do you really want us to share it with you? That actually might make an interesting thread :lol: ,but ta...
maybe not here. While this really is a more like a
"Long live x64 SP2!!!! " thread, (thanx WFO)
asking for why
" Vista is crap "(thanx storm) and "It's poop." (thanx David) is kind of like ...well...asking for it.

Vista has not been a smooth transition. And there will be more bumps ahead. It is inevitable as with all grand dreams. (ya I know, give me a break here) Vista after all was brand new from the bottom up. A complete rewrite. Intended to be the solution to the problems of previous OSes. And in my honest opinion if the GDed hardware companies would not have been so GDed lazy, arrogant, and short sited maybe most of the problems we all hear about now would have been null.

anyway thats not the case so

"Long live x64 SP2 :177289i5o3snv8uw: :chriso: "

I just gotta add: x64 SP2 just works, baby, yeah!

Edited by bluerip, 01 May 2007 - 03:20 AM.

#18 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:29 AM

For real though, every time I install Vista I get rid of it within a day. It's poop.

I remember a previous version that did the same......... :chriso: :lol:

:lol:

#19 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:41 AM

i love vista, and vista loves me :chriso:

#20 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:09 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on May 1 2007, 04:41 AM, said:

i love vista, and vista loves me :lol:

AWWW!!......ain't that sweet LOL! :lol: :lol: :chriso:

:lol:

#21 godless

godless

GTA 4 is a ps2 relic with better graphics...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:33 AM

View PostSphere, on Apr 29 2007, 10:00 AM, said:

How's xp64 doing on gaming?

Most stuff works, and X-Fi works amazing (i love my x-fi)...

#22 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Women, Hard Rock and Fishing of course!

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:25 AM

I have yet to see an OS compare to Windows x64 on gaming. Farcry rocks!!! I wont buy Vista because I tryed all the betas and that was enough for me. In time I believe it may become as good or better then XP x64 or not??? :chriso:

#23 bluerip

bluerip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:46 PM

Inspite of my desire and apprehension to have Vista...
I really love XP x64. It's just been great. Even if there was nothing to look forward to I don't think I'd be depressed.
XP64 ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH :thaustin_powers_animated_dancin :chriso: :265580cwz4p16bjl: :chriso: :dancing4:

#24 David_Heavey

David_Heavey

=IBF2= Cofounder

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:38 AM

View Posthog, on May 1 2007, 03:34 AM, said:

Stop complaining about Vista if you don't have a good reason to do so.
I don't like it, you do. I don't expect people not to like Vista just because I don't like it. I fully understand some people liking it. I also fully understand some people do not like it. I would certainly never tell somebody to stop complaining about a product just because I like it and they don't.

#25 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:20 PM

I think some of you have misunderstood me. I don't "hate" people who don't like Vista. They have the right to do so. What I meant is that some people just keep bashing on it with no reason, just saying "it's poop" or things like that. What I say is if you don't like it just cause you don't like it, it's okay too but you don't need to tell everyone about it. Though if you don't like Vista because you have trouble running it, if you have good reasons, then explain them, don't just say "it's crap" with no explanation.

Personnally, Vista works good for me except, again, for SLi. I don't LOVE it, but it fills my needs. I haven't tried XP x64 so I can't say anything about it, but maybe it's better since so many seem to like it better. Only, personally, going from XP 32-bit to Vista was a good choice for me.

#26 David_Heavey

David_Heavey

=IBF2= Cofounder

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:29 AM

To be fair, there are so many things about Vista that I don't like I wouldn't know where to start. And I'm not being a smart ass here, I really don't know where to start. I don't have trouble running Vista at all. I have drivers for all my hardware so in that respect I can't complain. My main gripe is I think Vista is overbloated ad even with all that bloat it (in my opinion) offers nothing more than what that XP has to offer other than how it looks (glass is sweet but again in my opinion, bloat). When I say Vista is poop, it was just a polite way of saying I think Vista is sh*t.

Sorry if I came across a little strong in my other post in this thread. Ask anybody here that knows me, that was not my intension.

#27 bluerip

bluerip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:10 AM

Hey, whether they know it or not we all have alittle Irish in us! :)

#28 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:12 AM

View PostDavid_Heavey, on May 22 2007, 08:29 PM, said:

To be fair, there are so many things about Vista that I don't like I wouldn't know where to start. And I'm not being a smart ass here, I really don't know where to start. I don't have trouble running Vista at all. I have drivers for all my hardware so in that respect I can't complain. My main gripe is I think Vista is overbloated ad even with all that bloat it (in my opinion) offers nothing more than what that XP has to offer other than how it looks (glass is sweet but again in my opinion, bloat). When I say Vista is poop, it was just a polite way of saying I think Vista is sh*t.
Sorry if I came across a little strong in my other post in this thread. Ask anybody here that knows me, that was not my intension.
That's okay like I said I understand that you may have your reasons for not liking it. It's just that the XP/Vista "rivalry" (Microsoft going agaisnt Microsoft...) seems to me like a fanboy quarrel like Star Wars/Star Trek or Play Station/XBox, things like that you know. Both sides have good arguments but in the end no one can win. That's how I see it and I respect each point of view.

#29 David_Heavey

David_Heavey

=IBF2= Cofounder

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:28 PM

View Posthog, on May 24 2007, 02:12 AM, said:

like Star Wars/Star Trek

Don't even get me started on that lol

#30 WFO

WFO

Super Adv. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:15 AM

View Posthog, on May 22 2007, 09:20 AM, said:

Though if you don't like Vista because you have trouble running it, if you have good reasons, then explain them, don't just say "it's crap" with no explanation.

Personnally, Vista works good for me except, again, for SLi. I don't LOVE it, but it fills my needs. I haven't tried XP x64 so I can't say anything about it, but maybe it's better since so many seem to like it better. Only, personally, going from XP 32-bit to Vista was a good choice for me.

Vista was acceptable though not worth the purchase price based on the way 3 of my systems ran with betas and even 1 with the rtm. I stated it was crap/pooh take your pick. Same s_it different color :yahoo: because affter 4 successful experiences it has failed to install on my latest builds which are quad-core Q6600s . It wouldn't install on either the Infinity P965S or the LanParty ICFX3200T2R/G despite having so called "Vista drivers." Installs failed at: "Finalizing installation" on both boards. Crap! Crap! Crap! I have a $200. paper weight that cant' be returned. Don't we have a "bird" emoticon than can be inserted here? I do of course have the option of trading the key for x64 and losing $60. Bleep MS Vista the the freakin horse it road in on. ( this is for the 8 hours plus I wasted trying to get it to work and the $400. Vid card it destroyed because I couldn't install and load drivers to stop the hsf from running full throttle burning up in the process. And the $200 I paid for a product that won't install) I'll be going full Linux as soon as I'm up to speed which may take some time. :talker: Vista is 10 giant steps backward IMHO. :lol: XP was much better on initial release!

Edited by WFO, 25 May 2007 - 01:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users