• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#76 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:55 PM

Great to hear it guys!!! Thanks for getting involved!!!

#77 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:56 AM

We need more members and this thread needs to be more active to spark interest in the Folding Team.

So I'm reviving it.

My Folding Status:
I've been running 24/7 on a Sempron laptop and a few hours a day on an Athlon 64 3000. They're too slow. So I searched the garage for parts and came up with an Athlon 64 3400. I tore apart an old Compaq desktop and used the parts for a new dedicated machine. I just installed Folding@Home on it a few minutes ago. Also, I'm still waiting for the PS3 client to be released. In a few weeks, I expect to have increased my daily production by about tenfold.

:moreilly:

#78 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 20 January 2007 - 02:34 PM

Sweet!!! You are the man brewin!!

I am been folding on my Core 2 Duo on both cores 24/7 minus wow time.

I to can't wait for the ps3 client to come out!! With only two of those on our team we should be able to jump up in ranks like crazy!!!

Brewin do you know when it is coming out?!! And how will you get it?

#79 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:02 PM

View Postchriso_86, on Jan 20 2007, 08:34 AM, said:

Sweet!!! You are the man brewin!!

I am been folding on my Core 2 Duo on both cores 24/7 minus wow time.

I to can't wait for the ps3 client to come out!! With only two of those on our team we should be able to jump up in ranks like crazy!!!
It would be even more exciting if Dave wasn't the only other person folding currently.

Brewin do you know when it is coming out?!! And how will you get it?
No one seems to know when it will be released. Since Sony is actually doing the porting, not even the people at Stanford seem to know.

Read here for rumors and whatnot:
http://forum.folding...ps3-client.html

I'm guessing that it will be downloadable from the Playstation Store.

#80 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:04 PM

Dang!!! Stupid Sony, Standford should of done it themselves!!! Sony will take five years before they get the crazy thing out!!

#81 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:17 PM

View Postchriso_86, on Jan 20 2007, 02:04 PM, said:

Dang!!! Stupid Sony, Standford should of done it themselves!!! Sony will take five years before they get the crazy thing out!!
I'm afraid that they might have it done and are just waiting for the PS3 to be released in Europe. So everyone can start at the same time or some crap like that. It would probably be March/April then...

#82 LoneWolfMage

LoneWolfMage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:09 PM

Yikes~

It would be even more exciting if Dave wasn't the only other person folding currently.

On a whim and also cause this thread cam e back up i checked my Folding progress.. and i realized something :rofl: STUPID STUPID ME :rofl: :moreilly: :rofl: :rofl: :blink:

About 2 weeks ago i had to redo my system .. and APRRENTLY i was NOT paying attention .. and when i re installed folding .. I typed in the WRONG team number .. missed on digit in entering :hiya: :cigar: :rofl: :rofl: :storm:

So YES i have been folding but under the WRONG team :rofl:

i am without words to apologize for it :rofl: :rofl:

BUT as of today i have FIXED the issue ,, and now folding on the CORRECT team and have made an IMPORTANT note to self to make sure that i have the right team inputed when and if i have to reinstall things again..

Speakin of which i should prolly check my laptop too and make sure its on the right team..

again MY HUMBLE Apologies ..

LoneWolf

#83 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:21 PM

View PostLoneWolfMage, on Jan 20 2007, 04:09 PM, said:

Yikes~
On a whim and also cause this thread cam e back up i checked my Folding progress.. and i realized something :rofl: STUPID STUPID ME :rofl: :moreilly: :rofl: :rofl: :blink:

About 2 weeks ago i had to redo my system .. and APRRENTLY i was NOT paying attention .. and when i re installed folding .. I typed in the WRONG team number .. missed on digit in entering :hiya: :cigar: :rofl: :rofl: :storm:
So YES i have been folding but under the WRONG team :rofl:

i am without words to apologize for it :rofl: :rofl:

BUT as of today i have FIXED the issue ,, and now folding on the CORRECT team and have made an IMPORTANT note to self to make sure that i have the right team inputed when and if i have to reinstall things again..

Speakin of which i should prolly check my laptop too and make sure its on the right team..

again MY HUMBLE Apologies ..

LoneWolf
:rofl: Oh no!

Easy mistake to make. No worries, at least you were still folding. Glad you got it fixed! :rofl:

#84 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:33 PM

Opps!! LOL, mistakes happen!! It all goes towards the same cause!!! What was the name of the other team you were folding for just wonder?!!

#85 LoneWolfMage

LoneWolfMage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:46 PM

Hey there ~

Yeah, mistakes do happen trust me i know that all too well :moreilly:

as far as the team i was folding for .. well apprently .. by cross refrenceing the number (5130) i had inputed ..the team doesnt exist.. :blink:

but i did get one work unit done so no real big harm done as far as team rankings ..and as you guys said "it all goes to the cause" :cigar:

LoneWolf~

#86 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:28 PM

Shes folding again, under windows

#87 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:32 PM

Great two more guys!!! Super awesome!!! Keep it coming folks!!!!

#88 Scuba

Scuba

I see you!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:43 AM

Man, its been a long time since ive been up. Our internet got shut off. Apparently they dont like it when you dont pay your bill. Well, now I know. Any way, Im back in action

#89 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:13 AM

View PostScuba, on Jan 21 2007, 11:43 PM, said:

Man, its been a long time since ive been up. Our internet got shut off. Apparently they dont like it when you dont pay your bill.
Weird...

Well, now I know. Any way, Im back in action
Posted Image
Excellent.

#90 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:55 PM

I just read this post at folding-community.org. Based on the latest PR from Havok about their physics engine and benchmarks IBM has done on the Cell, one PS3 might be comparable to 21 P4 3.2GHz processors.

This is all optimistic speculation, but interesting nonetheless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users