May 2008 desktops

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Monthly desktop poll (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's desktop is the prettiest?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

Here's my work Desktop... Woof Woof!!

Attached Image: WorkDT.PNG

#32 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:58 AM

This makes me want to change it out daily although before this thread for the longest time I had only a black background. Changed out a bit more often and it's all your fault!

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Clipboard1.jpg
  • Attached Image: Clipboard2.jpg

#33 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:19 AM

I'm just gonna summarize your desktops :P

#34 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:15 AM

View PostSphere, on May 9 2008, 06:19 AM, said:

I'm just gonna summarize your desktops :P

:) It changed again anyways....haha, I don't care to post anymore though. :P

#35 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:25 AM

Posted Image

one of the first shots w/my new super zoom. this is our beloved "kibby cat".

#36 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:43 AM

Wow, look at all the wonderful deskies...and look at Mike go with his cam... :P

#37 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:34 AM

I'm running server2008 now...and here she is:

Attached Image: Sever2008.jpg

#38 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:28 AM

Oooh I like that Christo.

I rebuilt my machine with that new Opteron of mine and another mobo (gave the DFI one to my bro so he can SLi my old 6600GT's) and did a fresh install of XP Pro SP2 32-bit (my wi-fi adapter doesn't like 64bit) and now I'm on a quest to find myself a new Desktop... But it's so haaaaard!!!

edit:

Well, found something in an old vacations pictures folder. This is somewhere around Tadoussac, on the northern shore of the St. Lawrence river in Quebec.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: may_2008.jpg

Edited by hog, 14 May 2008 - 04:42 AM.

#39 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:54 PM

View Posthog, on May 13 2008, 11:28 PM, said:

I rebuilt my machine with that new Opteron of mine and another mobo (gave the DFI one to my bro so he can SLi my old 6600GT's) and did a fresh install of XP Pro SP2 32-bit (my wi-fi adapter doesn't like 64bit) and now I'm on a quest to find myself a new Desktop... But it's so haaaaard!!!

edit:

Well, found something in an old vacations pictures folder. This is somewhere around Tadoussac, on the northern shore of the St. Lawrence river in Quebec.

Very nice hog. I have been to Canada several times from Victoria/Vancover BC to Frederickton NB and numerous points inbetween. To live under the Maple Leaf Flag seems to be good thing, at least in what I have seen and felt when I was in Canada. :P

#40 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:39 PM

View Posttalker, on May 14 2008, 07:54 AM, said:

Very nice hog. I have been to Canada several times from Victoria/Vancover BC to Frederickton NB and numerous points inbetween. To live under the Maple Leaf Flag seems to be good thing, at least in what I have seen and felt when I was in Canada. :P
Yeah it's nice. Though as you probably know the province of Quebec is mainly francophone and this makes us different from the rest of Canada in many ways. The Maple Leaf flag you're talking about, I don't care about it :) (no offense). Many people here feel we are a different people with a different culture than the rest of Canada and that we should have our own country. In fact, even the statistics show that a big majority of the inhabitants of Quebec define themselves as Québécois instead of Canadians. Oh well, all that because of a picture lol.

#41 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:28 PM

View Posthog, on May 14 2008, 11:39 AM, said:

Yeah it's nice. Though as you probably know the province of Quebec is mainly francophone and this makes us different from the rest of Canada in many ways. The Maple Leaf flag you're talking about, I don't care about it :) (no offense). Many people here feel we are a different people with a different culture than the rest of Canada and that we should have our own country. In fact, even the statistics show that a big majority of the inhabitants of Quebec define themselves as Québécois instead of Canadians. Oh well, all that because of a picture lol.

Yes, I am well familiar with the Quebecois. I was in Quebec just prior to a referendum on Quebec sovereignty in 1980. While the overall attitude experienced was good, there were those that were not overtly friendly to English speaking outsiders. There were a few that spat on the sidewalk in front of us as we walked along. The gestures were ignored and not used as a measurement of all of Quebec and her inhabitants. I do understand concerning the flag since I am half Native American. I love the Stars and Stripes but also remember that my people are a conquered nation and we live under occupation of a governement that often treated and continues to treat my people as something less that full citizens and in centuries past, less than human. WOW, as you said, "all that because of a picture". :P

Edited by talker, 15 May 2008 - 01:30 PM.

#42 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:54 PM

View Posthog, on May 13 2008, 09:28 PM, said:

edit:

Nice, looks beautiful. Nothing like a picture that was taken by yourself. Soon i will have pictures of Costa Rica in August.

#43 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:12 AM

View Posttalker, on May 15 2008, 08:28 AM, said:

Yes, I am well familiar with the Quebecois. I was in Quebec just prior to a referendum on Quebec sovereignty in 1980. While the overall attitude experienced was good, there were those that were not overtly friendly to English speaking outsiders. There were a few that spat on the sidewalk in front of us as we walked along. The gestures were ignored and not used as a measurement of all of Quebec and her inhabitants. I do understand concerning the flag since I am half Native American. I love the Stars and Stripes but also remember that my people are a conquered nation and we live under occupation of a governement that often treated and continues to treat my people as something less that full citizens and in centuries past, less than human. WOW, as you said, "all that because of a picture". :)
Well, the general attitude has changed a lot in the past two (almost three) decades. People spitting on the sidewalk in front of English speaking people could get smacked in the face by other francophones today :P People are more reasonable and tolerant, due in part to the better laws now protecting the French language and the culture franco-québécoise. The debate still exists but it is more reasonable and less emotional, I would say. On the Natives issue, well I in fact live in a city neighboring a Mohawk reserve, whose people even blocked a major bridge leading to the Montreal island in 1990's "Oka Crisis", a crisis that lasted several months and which even involved the Canadian Army. My city is also about 1/2 French 1/2 English, so I pretty much live in the middle of a 3-way ethnic-cultural-language tension. :P

Oh and thanks Christo but I wasn't part of that trip! <_< I was working of course, have to pay for all those studies... My lil brother went there with my mother, uncle, aunt and cousin. This summer I should have some pictures of a fishing trip I should go to with my friends (something like 2 or 3 days maximum but still fun).

#44 Island Dog

Island Dog

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

BlackGlass skin for WindowBlinds 6
Wallpaper - I wish I was here
ObjectDock Plus

Posted Image

#45 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

Please post new desktops here

Do vote, this poll will close on the 7th of June due to current low vote-count and late completion of the poll.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users