28 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:05 AM

As you know, It's been a long hard week at Redmond. Vista 5365 was rumored to be posted on Microsoft's connect site last Monday by Paul Thurrott's Winsupersite, Hdrive.org and Neowin.net. This was in fact, untrue. Microsoft had no plans of releasing this build to testers. But thanks to one particular Angel working at Redmond, she and the other Vista crew worked long and hard (especially pulling an all Thursday and Friday nighter) to give the Beta Testers an opportunity to have this build for this weekend. Kudos to all at Microsoft for this :D

We last left build 5342, It was a good build, install went as planned on a "normal Intel system" with IDE drives, and every day hardware installed. There was a lot of complaints from testers with nForce chipsets, SATA, and Audigy hardware to name a few, but i had no problems. Glass worked perfectly with generic Microsoft drivers. As the OS became "seated" you could see an increase of speed right out of the box.

Now lets take a quick tour of Vista 5365.8.060419-1800. Firstly this is "just a build" not a CTP. It is still considered as Beta 1. The Vista Team spent time on this build and made fixes to key areas to show Beta Testers that they are committed to the quality that we can expect from Redmond. Lets see if they pass the x64bit.net challenge.

I started the install, which by the way has a completely new install interface, and one burger, and a few fries later (approx. 30 minutes) I was booting for the first time into Vista 5365. The only information i had to give the OS was its CD Key. Install was faster than the previous build. I do need to tell you, on fina install, you should see all the neat graphics Microsoft has in store for you. Glass again was not a problem with my ATI AIW Pro 9700, using generic MS drivers. I will install the ATI and Audigy drivers later.

I noticed a large performance increase which was expected. My performance rating stayed the same. Boot time was faster

I activated the sidebar under accessories and took a look at the gadgets, but didn't see anything new.Active Sync was not able to sync up to my PDA on the first boot.

Windows Media Player 11 took on the same personality as in the previous build with build #11.05365.6161. Some picture files still are distorted or don't display right and Microsoft is aware of this problem and will be fixed in a future build.

Internet Explorer 7 as build number 7.0.5365.8

Games are the same as 5342

Desktop backgrounds are looking good and quite a large collection. If you see something you like, ask! :D

Services are going like crazy, over 40 processes. Ill have to look to one of Serb-mans guides to get even more speed out of this build.

Networking has taken on a new look, and once again is quite easy to setup.

Well for now, thats it, its late 4:00am, been a long week and i hope you all enjoy the screenshots. Bookmark us or become a member for updates and more information

~edit, Serbmans Tweakguide is up!! http://www.x64bit.net/site/board/index.php...wtopic=2401&hl=

Attached Files

#2 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:26 PM

overall i like it, very cool :D

Feel free to digg this Here

#3 RoachycaL

RoachycaL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 02:15 PM

What can I say other than wow? :D When do we get our hands on this build?

#4 tc1

tc1

Charlie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Anything concerning computers

Posted 22 April 2006 - 02:44 PM

Great review, nvy.. :D

#5 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:16 PM

its a nice build eh? dunno roachy... :D

#6 Serb-Man

Serb-Man

WindoWs CuStomiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:- Computers<br />- Sports<br />- Looking for nice girls :P<br />- Science and history<br />- Travelling...

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:21 PM

Nice screenshots. Thanks for the early preview Nvy. I'm downloading it now from connect at an excellent speed, so I should run it in a couple of hours. The tweak guide will come soon :D

Have a nice day! B)

#7 joejoe

joejoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:26 PM

Thanks buddy !

#8 Leo

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:29 PM

I just wat to know 1 thing.............How about the speed/compability/bugfreedom/registration/updates/key????? :P :P :P
Tell me please!

#9 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:40 PM

well as for the key, its a different one than last time.

#10 Leo

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:59 PM

Can you explain that in a PM mr. Karl? :P

#11 Serb-Man

Serb-Man

WindoWs CuStomiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:- Computers<br />- Sports<br />- Looking for nice girls :P<br />- Science and history<br />- Travelling...

Posted 22 April 2006 - 09:03 PM

Hey guys,

Finally, I installed the build and I had the time to play with it for a while. 5365 is so nice and much more stable than previous releases. For the first time, I got to work file sharing with other computers on the network. :P Also, the last build of WLM installs properly. I'm now looking at components that are not necessary to even more increase system speed! B)

Here are some other screenies for you...

Attached Files

#12 tigerrules

tigerrules

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:46 AM

could someone post the new widescreen wallpapers, preferably in 1920x1200 res? the new ones look amazing

#13 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 02:38 AM

Here mate

#14 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 03:14 AM

Here are some others...
Widescreen too :P

Attached Files

#15 atsaunier

atsaunier

Head Newsposter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:27 AM

Posted ImageGood Review :P

Edited by atsaunier, 23 April 2006 - 04:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users