Jesse Jackson wants to cut Obama's nuts off!

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:20 AM

banj is ready to "erupt"...???!!!

#17 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:21 AM

the jeopardy theme please, maestro

#18 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:23 AM

:christo:

#19 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:24 AM

and now...my rendition of war and peace, in sign language...

:christo:

#20 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:28 AM

and a reprise of my most famous performance..."birth of a nation"!!!

#21 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:30 AM

(in ebonics)

#22 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:34 AM

for those that need parking validation, please contact dave or sphere...

#23 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:39 AM

Obama's Loss Traced To Mike Oreilly:

http://www.cnnbcvideo.com/index.html?nid=G...1462106-EV2urix

#24 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:43 AM

bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb iran...bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb...
that was priceless :christo:

#25 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:48 AM

"banj is going...going...on the inside, followed by enip, davex, and hog, coming up on the outside...it's neck and neck!"

#26 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:49 AM

banj...imploded?

#27 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:51 AM

now dave has taken banj's place...

#28 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:51 AM

cue jeopardy theme...

#29 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:52 AM

I probably wont be involved but if you all think you can walk away at the end of the day being friends, go ahead

#30 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:10 AM

Not imploding MO. :chriso: As admittedly partisan as I am, I'm trying to step back and answer the question honestly about whether or not this site should have a political thread. Here's my shot:

The admins and mods, imho, should decide whether or not to allow such posts/threads.

One of the reasons all of us members love this site is for the unfiltered candor on a large variety of subjects. However, even though I've participated in, and started, and gone kinda nuts in some political threads, it would be such a shame if our friendly community divided itself. All of our opinions are valid, all of them are, surely, heartfelt. But, I, personally, have never seen, nor been a member, of a forum that allows such posts without its members dividing into camps, always looking to "one-up" another camp.

Matter of fact, there have been a couple mornings lately when I woke up and feared that something I posted on this site has been, rightly or wrongly, viewed as dismissive or hateful against other members here that don't share my political ideology. My first thought has never been, "Let's see what the 'other side' on X64bit wrote so that I can debunk it." My first thought has been, "Damn, I hope a good tech friend wasn't offended too badly by a political ramble with which they disagree."

Now, devil's advocate would probably say that since we're all friends (and that includes new members because folks here don't bully or condescend to recent signups on any topic---yet again why this site rocks) we could all agree to not be hurtful or offensive in our political postings. But one's person's truth will always be another person's insult. When we talk/argue about the best ram timings for a particular brand, or the "uber" technique of applying AS5 to a 939 Opty----we are discussing/arguing/advocating opinions. As heated as those discussions might be, it's rare for friends to disown each other over a shared hobby. In this case, that of 64bit computing.

When it comes to politics and religion, we run the risk of creating enemies where there were none before. Hypothetically, if we had a forum or thread that limited our political/ideological opinions to that thread/forum, I'd bet that those members whose opinions were diametrically opposed, but otherwise had been great tech friends, would find themselves on either side of a line that had never been drawn before. And, since we all know how those ideals tend to inform our every waking day, I'd be afraid that legitimate tech forum discussions would be poisoned by past arguments in said political/ideological forums/threads.

As I opined earlier in this post, I'm as partisan as they come and I've shared, started, and posted in political threads. Sometimes, to the detriment of my reputation. But, I honestly believe that X64bit.net should not allow political engaging. We're all friends, politics aside, and I hope we remain so. We all have other outlets for that stuff. The internet is a big place and we're all free to voice our political opinions in a very big way.

Here, on X64bit.net, the tech world comes together. We all agree to disagree on some things but we come together to collectively push a stubborn world to 64bit computing and its many benefits. And we're getting closer and closer every day. The Macbook Pro that can't use 8gb of ram? Top story on Digg, right now.

Sorry about the novel. But I'm so grateful to be a member at this site and a friend to many of its members. The move to 64bit computing is a HUGE step toward a better future for the world, in so many ways. Computer technology is the automobile, is the telephone, is the printing press.

Ideology aside, aren't we all, by fighting for the move to 64bit computing, already united? Anything that could leak in and divide us, imho, can't help. Let's stay together and keep advocating for the move to 64bit. We haven't won yet. But, when we do, the entire world will benefit.

jmho. :christo:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users