• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 PSP767

PSP767

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:09 AM

Rite i have the public beta and it installs fine after a little help off nvyseal, but now i have it installed it jus randonly locks up and dsnt do anything at all, any suggestions.

#2 theman

theman

x64 Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:10 PM

When you say lock up do you mean you can't move the mouse only..or does anything weird happen like flickering or other graphics problems? Also what kind of graphics card do you have? And lastly, when does it usually lock up?

#3 PSP767

PSP767

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:47 PM

View Posttheman, on Jun 19 2006, 06:10 PM, said:

When you say lock up do you mean you can't move the mouse only..or does anything weird happen like flickering or other graphics problems? Also what kind of graphics card do you have? And lastly, when does it usually lock up?

after about 5 minutes into using vista it just crashes with no other graphic defect or anything the keyboard and mouse dnt work the time stops and whatever the pc is doing stops its a total lock uup (crash) urm i have an nvidia fx5200 128mb i have tried installing the propper nvidia drivers and it still locks up :s

#4 PSP767

PSP767

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:57 PM

Anyone! really could do with the help. :/

#5 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:14 PM

let me look just a bit, MS released a few XP drivers for VISTA (legacy), but we need more system specs from you, Please.

#6 PSP767

PSP767

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:18 PM

View PostNvyseal, on Jun 21 2006, 10:14 PM, said:

let me look just a bit, MS released a few XP drivers for VISTA (legacy), but we need more system specs from you, Please.

Intel Pentium 4 3.00ghz 530
PNY 512mb Ram DDR
MSI FM6613-V Mainboard LGA 775
Seagate Barracuda 160gb Sata 1
Nvidia FX5200 128mb (MSI)
MSI DVD-RW 16X

#7 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:37 PM

View PostPSP767, on Jun 21 2006, 03:18 PM, said:

Intel Pentium 4 3.00ghz 530
PNY 512mb Ram DDR
MSI FM6613-V Mainboard LGA 775
Seagate Barracuda 160gb Sata 1
Nvidia FX5200 128mb (MSI)
MSI DVD-RW 16X
Ethernet? Sound?

#8 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:39 PM

not enough ram, for one thing. you are running off the pagefile, which is very slow compaired to ram. after
trimming down vista, i am still running 743 megs at idle. you should have at least a gig. this looks to be the
reason for your problems, unless you have a bug, overheating problems, etc.

Edited by m.oreilly, 21 June 2006 - 11:42 PM.

#9 PSP767

PSP767

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:18 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on Jun 22 2006, 12:39 AM, said:

not enough ram, for one thing. you are running off the pagefile, which is very slow compaired to ram. after
trimming down vista, i am still running 743 megs at idle. you should have at least a gig. this looks to be the

No overheatin problems, and the ram is fine at 512mb for the reason i have run the builds before the public one without any problems at all.

And to nvyseal

Ethernet is "sis chipset"
Sound "Realtec AC97"

#10 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:09 PM

No drivers that can help you, is it possible to let us see your device manager?

#11 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

~* Hardware & Beta Guru *~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:09 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on Jun 21 2006, 06:39 PM, said:

Ram wouldnt do that - vista scales with what it has available to it ... hence why the minimum is 512 ... the more ram the faster your apps will go and the faster your system. His problem isnt his ram its likely a hanging driver or something ...id point to sound or ethernet... likely sound. You do however need to take know with where the problem begins ..does it start after u install a specific driver or program.

#12 PSP767

PSP767

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:12 PM

View PostBlueScreenOfDeath, on Jun 24 2006, 08:09 AM, said:

Ram wouldnt do that - vista scales with what it has available to it ... hence why the minimum is 512 ... the more ram the faster your apps will go and the faster your system. His problem isnt his ram its likely a hanging driver or something ...id point to sound or ethernet... likely sound. You do however need to take know with where the problem begins ..does it start after u install a specific driver or program.

It just hangs within 5 minutes of use, but the soun is a bit crackely so that could be the problem?

#13 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 04:31 PM

View PostBlueScreenOfDeath, on Jun 24 2006, 12:09 AM, said:

i was under the assumption the problems were occuring after a fresh install, no additional drivers. and where do you get this "scales with" and "minimum"? with the plethora of services/ debugging gunk, running off the swap
is not desirable, and can cause exactly what PSP767 is complaining of. it sure could be a driver(s), and i would also like to know if additional drivers/apps were installed, if any, prior to system instablity issues. really, you can't tell me running a bloated beta OS on the swap is issue free :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users