4 replies to this topic

#1 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:26 PM

images/news/internet.jpgWhile there are still some places where you can buy an iPhone, the warning coming from some bloggers is do not expect to use it any time soon. The iPhone is being called the iBrick by some bloggers because of the slow activation service from AT&T. The news coming out this morning from over the weekend is mostly positive. There are some complaints about the iPhone, but they are minor compared to the few who are upset because they cannot activate their phone.

AT&T said Sunday that they are working to resolve the backlog of activation requests, and that the situation has improved. “We are working on any issues on an individual basis with customers who were impacted,” said Michael Coe to the Washington Post. Coe is a spokesperson for AT&T. He said in the interview that most users have been able to complete activation in less than ten minutes in some cases. For the large volume of users, most were able to use the iPhone the same day they got it. The minority of the iPhone users who are still waiting are making the most noise, and rightfully so.

“So I admit it: I bought an iPhone. That was the easy part. I should have realized that if the customer service whizzes at AT&T could find a way to mar what was otherwise a perfectly pleasant experience, they would. After (sic) 36 hours, AT&T has yet to activate my iPhone, and it can't be used until they get around to it, hopefully sometime before 2010,” said Declan McCullagh on the CNET news blog. Late Sunday and after several attempts and endless calls McCullagh was able to get his iPhone activated.

Monsters & Critics

#2 godless

godless

GTA 4 is a ps2 relic with better graphics...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:07 PM

Its a wonder how many people buy Apples, now everyone is going out and buying an iShit

#3 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:27 PM

View Postgodless, on Jul 2 2007, 11:07 AM, said:

now everyone is going out and buying an iShit
:graduated: :chriso: :talker:

#4 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:36 AM

That would really make me mad if I bought one of those, deactivated my other phone so I could activate my iPhone to find out it wouldn't work!! I can't live without my phone for very long!! I get cranky.

#5 godless

godless

GTA 4 is a ps2 relic with better graphics...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:23 PM

View PostNvyseal, on Jul 2 2007, 03:27 PM, said:

:graduated: :graduated: :chriso:

Haha, ya.. I just thought it was funny that Jobs said people hate their cellphones, since I love my cellphone (though I hate how high my cellphone bill can get sometimes).. :talker: The price of the phone is too high, and most cellular networks dont support the network it uses..

Edited by godless, 03 July 2007 - 06:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users