- - - - -

Firefox Extension Blocks Dangerous Web Attack

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:35 PM

images/news/firefox.jpgA popular free security tool for the Firefox browser has been upgraded to block one of the most dangerous and troubling security problems facing the Web today. NoScript is a small application that integrates into Firefox. It blocks scripts in programming languages such as javascript and Java from executing on untrusted Web pages. The scripts could be used to launch an attack on a PC.

The latest release of NoScript, version 1.8.2.1, will stop so-called "clickjacking," where a person browsing the Web clicks on a malicious, invisible link without realizing it, said Giorgio Maone, an Italian security researcher who wrote and maintains the program. Clickjacking has been known for several years but is drawing attention again after two security researchers, Robert Hansen and Jeremiah Grossman, warned last month of new scenarios that could compromise a person's privacy or even worse, steal money from a bank account.

Fulle story @ PC World

Download: NoScript 1.8.2.1

#2 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

there are a few default addons:
AdBlockPlus (with a service for the most-common advertisement blocking)
NoScript
DownThemAll

Those are the addons I install by default.

#3 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:58 PM

i usually use the little control panel that is available when you left click on flash content, but here is the big one:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/document..._manager06.html
here you really can adjust settings for flash. this is the actual control panel, hosted on the adobe site...

(link provided by "psychochief" :roadrunner: )

#4 WFO

WFO

Super Adv. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:42 AM

Noscript is up to 1.8.2.8 already. I like it. :roadrunner:

#5 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:55 AM

i hate it though, because of the hassle with different content and the like. ruins my browsing experience. :roadrunner:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users