10 replies to this topic

#1 viper666

viper666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:37 AM

It seems an uknown AMD showed up running the Bionic client for Seti, Its similer to FAH,This new AMD blew past everything. We saw an AMD do that on FAH a month ago, I believe its Barcelona. The C2d Killer

http://www.boincstats.com/stats/host_cpu_s...;st=0&or=10

Edited by viper666, 21 April 2007 - 09:39 AM.

#2 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:28 PM

:boom: please let it be true ....AMD has C2D killer :bluerip:

#3 WFO

WFO

Super Adv. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:41 AM

Hate to be a spoil sport but if it doesn't come till Q3, C2D still rules including Quads since
Intel is the only manufacturer making one. :boom: When Q3 comes I'll gladly switch over from the darkside to what peforms best. :huh:

Hey Vipe, I'll look for you in the top 100 project wide 24hr average as that appears to be where we will compete. Top 100 weekly average will give either of us bragging rights as well. :bluerip: bro! :storm: The recent WUs from h_ll have moved me out of the top 100 for now. I'll be baaaack!!! :P

#4 viper666

viper666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:39 AM

View PostWFO, on Apr 21 2007, 11:41 PM, said:

Hate to be a spoil sport but if it doesn't come till Q3, C2D still rules including Quads since
Intel is the only manufacturer making one. :boom: When Q3 comes I'll gladly switch over from the darkside to what peforms best. :huh:

Hey Vipe, I'll look for you in the top 100 project wide 24hr average as that appears to be where we will compete. Top 100 weekly average will give either of us bragging rights as well. :bluerip: bro! :storm: The recent WUs from h_ll have moved me out of the top 100 for now. I'll be baaaack!!! :P
Well I read somewhere it will be here in a few weeks,but who knows there is so much BS flying around on the net.

I wont be back in the top 100 till the new AMD,my points came back yesterday but 2 boxes crashed today EUE,including the money maker quad FX,(it finally got a new WU LMAO)I planned to buy the new AMD long ago,but after the recient events,that will be the last thing I get for this project

As always good to see u Bro FOLD ON!

Edited by viper666, 22 April 2007 - 06:40 AM.

#5 WFO

WFO

Super Adv. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:04 AM

View Postviper666, on Apr 21 2007, 11:39 PM, said:

Well I read somewhere it will be here in a few weeks,but who knows there is so much BS flying around on the net.

I wont be back in the top 100 till the new AMD,my points came back yesterday but 2 boxes crashed today EUE,including the money maker quad FX,(it finally got a new WU LMAO)I planned to buy the new AMD long ago,but after the recient events,that will be the last thing I get for this project

As always good to see u Bro FOLD ON!

The new WUs from h_ll have been crashing my E-6300s as well. I boosted the voltage on one and am upgrading to the Feisty final on the other. I'm sure I'll have to boost voltage or back down on the clock. :P

My latest rant on the Stanford site...

"I submit that benchmark machine information is critical and should be at the top of the info provided for each client in FAQ. Quad Woodcrests are simply not available for the masses (Newegg has 10 Woodcrests listed yet not one Woodcrest Quad as of 2 minutes ago) And who buys server mobos? Me thinks Berkeley grads slipped your guys too many good drugs. :huh: J.K. guys. Q-6600s are now available to the masses thanks to the recent Intel price cuts. Today Zipzoomfly had them at $559 and the price should go lower. :wink:

For 2 months I never considered the SMPs because you recommended Quads only. I got in on the points bonanza late because of that. If you want Quads, restrict the client to Quads. You may actually get some now. :wink: This probably puts me up to 4 cents in the comment category but what the hay? :storm:"

:bluerip:

I'll see ya here or there. :boom:

#6 viper666

viper666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:31 AM

View PostWFO, on Apr 22 2007, 02:04 AM, said:

The new WUs from h_ll have been crashing my E-6300s as well. I boosted the voltage on one and am upgrading to the Feisty final on the other. I'm sure I'll have to boost voltage or back down on the clock. :P

My latest rant on the Stanford site...

"I submit that benchmark machine information is critical and should be at the top of the info provided for each client in FAQ. Quad Woodcrests are simply not available for the masses (Newegg has 10 Woodcrests listed yet not one Woodcrest Quad as of 2 minutes ago) And who buys server mobos? Me thinks Berkeley grads slipped your guys too many good drugs. :huh: J.K. guys. Q-6600s are now available to the masses thanks to the recent Intel price cuts. Today Zipzoomfly had them at $559 and the price should go lower. :wink:

For 2 months I never considered the SMPs because you recommended Quads only. I got in on the points bonanza late because of that. If you want Quads, restrict the client to Quads. You may actually get some now. :wink: This probably puts me up to 4 cents in the comment category but what the hay? :storm:"

:bluerip:

I'll see ya here or there. :boom:

Bro what most that dont have a quad Understand is, the quads get work from a different server,than do duals,The new Wu's are coming from the dual core server,U wont get that unit on a quad, the server is 171.64.65.63 (quad AS server)there are only 4 quad Wu's 3@1440 point ones and 1@652
171.64.65.56 (dual core AS server) http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html look there! So they are benching them on a quad core but U dont get them on quad because it comes from the wrong server.

Woodcrest is 2 dual cores in a dual socket mainboard($400+)

Edited by viper666, 22 April 2007 - 08:32 AM.

#7 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:42 AM

Just out of curiosity How would a dual socket AMD board or even more sockets, handle these, For example someone with 2 dual core Opterons in a tyan motherboard thats basically quad core but would that get handled as such?

#8 viper666

viper666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:34 AM

View PostCamaro, on Apr 22 2007, 03:42 AM, said:

Just out of curiosity How would a dual socket AMD board or even more sockets, handle these, For example someone with 2 dual core Opterons in a tyan motherboard thats basically quad core but would that get handled as such?
Works great i got a Quad FX, but as I said the new WU's that are killing points dont get sent to quad boxes, they come from the dual core AS server.

#9 viper666

viper666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:47 AM

View Postviper666, on Apr 21 2007, 04:37 AM, said:

It seems an uknown AMD showed up running the Bionic client for Seti, Its similer to FAH,This new AMD blew past everything. We saw an AMD do that on FAH a month ago, I believe its Barcelona. The C2d Killer
http://www.boincstats.com/stats/host_cpu_s...;st=0&or=10
I Just had to post this for WFO look there on number 6 bro :offtopic: Quad FX :rofl:

Just under it there on number 7 is the Intel Quad

Attached File  Quad_FX.bmp   1.26MB   10 downloads

#10 WFO

WFO

Super Adv. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:10 PM

View Postviper666, on Apr 23 2007, 02:47 AM, said:

I Just had to post this for WFO look there on number 6 bro :rofl: Quad FX :)
Just under it there on number 7 is the Intel Quad
Attachment attachment

No worries Viper! Despite the avatar I have no loyalty to Intel. If Barcelona is a C2D killer, I'll be happy to get one. :offtopic:

#11 necrocowboy

necrocowboy

I hate celery !!

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, cooking & flogging dead horses.

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:54 PM

Kinda ties in with the latest statement from AMD on Barcelona performance - original here at The Inquirer

AMD RECKONS its upcoming Barcelona quad-core Opterons will outperform Intel by up to 50 per cent. Chimpzilla claims that Barcelona's SPECcpu2006 benchmark figures demonstrate a 50 percent floating point and 20 percent integer performance over current Intel quad core parts.

Randy Allen, AMD's server and workstation veep, says the parts will be available in the Summer and we should expect more than four cores in the future. Allen added that the Opteron 2222 and 8222 SE dual core server chips are available in volume from today, priced at $873 and $2,149 respectively in 1,000 unit tray quantities.ยต

Regards

NC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users